THOSE MINIATURE TRANSMITTER/RECEIVERS FROM CHINA

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I'm working on automating an LGB postal wagon. Throughout the years I have used those transmitter/receivers that come from China. Never had any real issues with them, until this evening.

For some unknown reason, the receiver stopped responding to the transmitter. A minute before it was working fine.

So I got out the instruction sheet and tried to re-program the receiver. I followed the directions, I think, but still cannot get a link.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Said hardware and documents.

IMG_4685.jpgIMG_4687.jpgIMG_4688.jpgIMG_4689.jpgIMG_4686.jpg

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Duff battery somewhere?

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
The 12 volt Li-on battery I'm using is fully charged. When I press a button on the transmitter, the red LED to the right of the black reset button blinks, but the relays don't respond. Each relay has a tiny red LED that blinks when the relay is activated by the transmitter. Originally they each blinked according to which button was pressed on the transmitter. But now they don't, confirming that the receiver is not transferring the signal to them.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
The 12 volt Li-on battery I'm using is fully charged. When I press a button on the transmitter, the red LED to the right of the black reset button blinks, but the relays don't respond. Each relay has a tiny red LED that blinks when the relay is activated by the transmitter. Originally they each blinked according to which button was pressed on the transmitter. But now they don't, confirming that the receiver is not transferring the signal to them.
Low battery in the transmitter?

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Low battery in the transmitter?
Hmm, never gave that a thought. But since the large red LED ( at the upper right corner of the receiver ) blinks when a button on the transmitter is pressed, wouldn't that indicate a signal is reaching the receiver ?

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Hmm, never gave that a thought. But since the large red LED ( at the upper right corner of the receiver ) blinks when a button on the transmitter is pressed, wouldn't that indicate a signal is reaching the receiver ?
It might be the Tx battery? - Enough signal for the Rx to detect it, but too low for the data to get through reliably..

But I fear you may just have a failed unit? :oops:

PhilP

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
It might be the Tx battery? - Enough signal for the Rx to detect it, but too low for the data to get through reliably..

But I fear you may just have a failed unit? :oops:

PhilP
I switched the miniature 12 volt battery out for a new one. Turns out the old battery still had almost 12 volts of power left, so it wasn't the battery. In my spare parts bin, I found an identical T/R. It works perfectly, so my project can move forward.

FrenchChuffed

Registered
27 Mar 2016
Droitwich Spa
Best answers
Country flag
Just for interest what are you automating on the postal wagon?

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag

The Shed

Citizen of the Republic of the North East.
8 Mar 2020
Darlington, County Durham.
Country
England
Best answers
I'm working on automating an LGB postal wagon.
Madman Madman ,

Dan, nice job on the video, do have any further info on the item ringed?
Is this what operates the door opening and closing?

Motor.jpg

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Madman Madman ,

Dan, nice job on the video, do have any further info on the item ringed?
Is this what operates the door opening and closing?

View attachment 291610
It may be difficult to see, from my photos, but look to the right of the conductor's head. The double silver bars are attached to the door. The other bar that is bent at a right angle is attached to the motor shaft. As the motor turns, the bent bar slides in the space between the double bars. I don't have a good photo of the attachment of the bent bar to the motor shaft. Basically, I epoxied it to the end of the shaft.

IMG_4700.jpgIMG_4697.jpg

The Shed

Citizen of the Republic of the North East.
8 Mar 2020
Darlington, County Durham.
Country
England
Best answers
Madman Madman

Thanks Dan, the explanation was clear and has registered between the grey cells, neat piece of ingenuity there for the motor, and its control to operate the door.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Madman Madman

Thanks Dan, the explanation was clear and has registered between the grey cells, neat piece of ingenuity there for the motor, and its control to operate the door.
The only issue I have with some of these "Madman" inventions is the lack of limit switches. Since I am electronically challenged, my wiring is still old school. Black to black, white to white.....:rofl:.....one of these days I'll take some time and study up on more complex circuitry.