Workshop/shed build

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Apparently, this UV activated adhesive was developed from stuff used by dentists

Rik
Probably best not to eat it then :p:p

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Thanks. Very helpful and reassuring.
Yes, 2.5mm twin and earth for the sockets and 1.5mm for the lighting. Using a CCU with a double pole RCD and a single pole MCB (rated 16A) for all circuits at the mo. When funds permit, I'll change this for one with two mcbs. I see they're quite reasonably priced on Amazon.

Rik
One thing I did forget to mention - having just been playing in the shed and, in the light of this thread ('scuse the pun) glanced up at the CCU - when running cables to and from the CCU in a shed or garage where there is a risk of condensation, run the cable up to it and, if bringing cables in from above, leave enough to put a 'U' in the cable so that you are always bringing the cable up to the point of entry in to the CCU.

Yeah, I know there'll be a sealing gland there, but better safe than sorry :nod::nod::nod:

JimmyB

JimmyB

Phase 1 complete, roll on Phase 2
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
Any cables going in to, or out off a hole, should have a "U" drip loop, favourite being aerial in to the house, lot of people forget these.

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Any cables going in to, or out off a hole, should have a "U" drip loop, favourite being aerial in to the house, lot of people forget these.
You also need to remind BT :lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed:

ebay mike

ebay mike

Registered
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk
Apparently, this UV activated adhesive was developed from stuff used by dentists

Rik
Does it work on LGB plastic Rik?

ge_rik

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Does it work on LGB plastic Rik?
No idea. But if it works on the Flexi plastics used on specs then I suspect it'll work on lgb plastic

Rik

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
PS hmmm, thinking about it, on sub zero nights, presumably the fridge would cease to operate as the outside would be cooler than the inside of the fridge...... Might need another argument.
But if your shed is snug, it should be warmer inside