WIFI Camera's apps and phones... Oh my...

Paul2727

Paul2727

Registered
5 Jun 2018
England
Hi all,
I've been looking at micro wifi cameras with a view to building one into a loco ( And also attaching to Bob the cats collar, to see what he's up too.)
My problem is they only appear to work with smart phones. i was hoping to link it to my laptop.
Does anyone have experience of this type of camera and more importantly is it possible to connect one to a laptop or pc.
I bought a cheap one to experiment with, although the laptop (Windows 8.1) finds the cameras signal, I cant get a picture.
Just one more thing to drive me crazy.
NB: I don't have a smart phone.
Paul.

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Hi all,
I've been looking at micro wifi cameras with a view to building one into a loco ( And also attaching to Bob the cats collar, to see what he's up too.)
My problem is they only appear to work with smart phones. i was hoping to link it to my laptop.
Does anyone have experience of this type of camera and more importantly is it possible to connect one to a laptop or pc.
I bought a cheap one to experiment with, although the laptop (Windows 8.1) finds the cameras signal, I cant get a picture.
Just one more thing to drive me crazy.
NB: I don't have a smart phone.
Paul.
Just out of interest the new M1 Chip that Apple are introducing allows iPhone and iPad apps to be used on them. Effectively they are revising the architecture to be seamless between Phone,Pad and PC/Portable. First introductions are 2 Portables and the MacMini. But this may be of little help in your situation I imagine unless you are likely to be in the market for a new portable sometime soon.