What is this item please?

voodoopenguin

voodoopenguin

Retired
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
I will post the query here first as these items were at the bottom of a box of Playmobil plastic track. Just over 6cm in length and I have a small bag of them.

P1010676.jpg

Paul

Gizzy

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Are they the joiners for the track....

stockers

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
I think they are Gizzy

ebay mike

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Gizzy

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Result....

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Yes, they are the second version of the joiners for the R/C track. The first version was basically the raised centre section and were difficult to disconnect by hand. Playmobil had foreseen this potential problem and had so designed them that the feet of a figure could be slipped underneath them and the connector prised off. This was illustrated in the instructions, but I guess many people didn't read them all that well and, of course, if you bought as set secondhand there might not be any instructions with it

Reactions: Xav204
dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Yes, they are the second version of the joiners for the R/C track. The first version was basically the raised centre section and were difficult to disconnect by hand. Playmobil had foreseen this potential problem and had so designed them that the feet of a figure could be slipped underneath them and the connector prised off. This was illustrated in the instructions, but I guess many people didn't read them all that well and, of course, if you bought as set secondhand there might not be any instructions with it
Or Gizzy did the man thing to not read them? Sorry Gizzy, feeling mischievous today!

voodoopenguin

voodoopenguin

Retired
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
Thanks for all that, of course they are joiners! Obvious now I have been told but I had only used the smaller ones before and didn't realise there was a different version.

Paul

Attachments

Reactions: Xav204 and Gizzy
Gizzy

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Or Gizzy did the man thing to not read them? Sorry Gizzy, feeling mischievous today!
Teaser!

It was just a good guess on my part, as I've never even seen Playmo track in the real, let alone read any instruction manuals?

Somewhere in my deep and distance memory, I remember someone who used to post on GSC (or maybe GSM) who scratch built a British outline diesel shunter using a Playmo chassis and ran it on Playmo track in the garden. I think he even built a Bo-Bo diesel as well....

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Teaser!

It was just a good guess on my part, as I've never even seen Playmo track in the real, let alone read any instruction manuals?

Somewhere in my deep and distance memory, I remember someone who used to post on GSC (or maybe GSM) who scratch built a British outline diesel shunter using a Playmo chassis and ran it on Playmo track in the garden. I think he even built a Bo-Bo diesel as well....
I do think you are correct, The thread may well still be in place somewhere! If only we could remember what it was called.