Wednesday 2nd September 2020.

• Thread starter casey jones snr
  • Start date
Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
I think that it is supposed to be a French built locomotive that has been recquisitioned by the German occupation forces.
No excuse for the spockling mistale, then.
Ah - there was me thinking it was a real loco - I didn't realise that it was a bodged up British loco (a bit like the LBSCR Terrier they used in Anna Karenina) although the tender was giving me worries as being extremely British.

I s'pose if it's meant to have been built in France under German occupation, you can suggest the spelling mistake along the lines of factory sabotage / go slow tactics :think::think::think:

On the other hand, film makers rarely worry about reality or accuracy - so how many filmgoers will pick up the typo ? :nerd::nerd::nerd:

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Ah - there was me thinking it was a real loco - I didn't realise that it was a bodged up British loco (a bit like the LBSCR Terrier they used in Anna Karenina) although the tender was giving me worries as being extremely British.

I s'pose if it's meant to have been built in France under German occupation, you can suggest the spelling mistake along the lines of factory sabotage / go slow tactics :think::think::think:

On the other hand, film makers rarely worry about reality or accuracy - so how many filmgoers will pick up the typo ? :nerd::nerd::nerd:
I know a chap who went watch certain war films because they use the wrong handgrenades! Besides all films throw the accuracy book out of the window if it suits them

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
I know a chap who went watch certain war films because they use the wrong handgrenades! Besides all films throw the accuracy book out of the window if it suits them
One of the few that stayed pretty close was a Bridge Too Far - not bad for a film :nod: :nod: