Wednesday 2nd September 2020.

• Thread starter casey jones snr
  • Start date
Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
On a separate note. How do you update items that have been sold in the Items for Sale section of the forum?

Thanks,

Paul
Paul, go to your original post and click the "edit" button at the foot of the post - then make whatever changes you wish (I usually put "SOLD" in a nice big font so people don't miss it) in the body of the post, you can also edit the post title to say that the item(s) are sold. Click "save" when you're done, and the changes should appear in the thread. At least, that's how I do it (and have just done with my thread for the now-all-sold Piko items).

Jon.

Reactions: 1 user
dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
tac foley

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Last edited:
palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
Paul, go to your original post and click the "edit" button at the foot of the post - then make whatever changes you wish (I usually put "SOLD" in a nice big font so people don't miss it) in the body of the post, you can also edit the post title to say that the item(s) are sold. Click "save" when you're done, and the changes should appear in the thread. At least, that's how I do it (and have just done with my thread for the now-all-sold Piko items).

Jon.
Thanks Jon for your help.

Whereabouts do I put "SOLD" so it shows on the main sales page against the item

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
I love the mis=spelled 'Khole' instead of 'Kohle' on the tender side of this French loco!!
So, why the German writing on the tender of a French loco - or is the loco not French, is Belgian?

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Thanks Jon for your help.

Whereabouts do I put "SOLD" so it shows on the main sales page against the item

I normally just put "SOLD" clearly in the edited title line of the post - I'm not sure how (or if) you can actually get the coloured "sold" box to come up, can anyone else help on that?

Jon.

palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
I normally just put "SOLD" clearly in the edited title line of the post - I'm not sure how (or if) you can actually get the coloured "sold" box to come up, can anyone else help on that?

Jon.
Thanks Jon. If anyone can help me to replace the price with the word SOLD, please let me know.

JimmyB

JimmyB

Semi-Retired; more time for trains.
Thanks Jon. If anyone can help me to replace the price with the word SOLD, please let me know.
Next to the Unwatch (top r/h corner) the down arrow, and manage sale, change "for sale to "sold", I thing this will work.

1599065785306.png

palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Good afternoon :hi:. Herself and I did the grocery run this morning as I will be otherwise engaged on Thursday. So the fridge is full, my joints are creaking :oops:, and lunch is promised shortly.
'tis a grey day, but the forecast showers have held off :rock: -- a good thing when you're loading bags into the van and then hauling them into the house.
Onward :snooze:.

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Thanks Jimmy. That worked perfectly. I've now updated the sale item.

Paul

Thanks from me too, Jimmy - handy to know for the future - doesn't seem to apply to my Piko sales thread because it never appears to have had the price box in the corner anyway! Maybe because it dates from two years ago.... ;)

Jon.

R

railaddict

Registered
18 May 2020
Belgium
Good morning all!
Sunny and cool this morning.

casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
So, why the German writing on the tender of a French loco - or is the loco not French, is Belgian?
There is a hush hush filming project taking place at the GCR. The locomotive was being moved from Rothley to Swithland Sidings.

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
There is a hush hush filming project taking place at the GCR. The locomotive was being moved from Rothley to Swithland Sidings.
Still struggling with the actual loco - but if it was built in 1942, was it built in France under German control, hence the two languages :think::think:

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Still struggling with the actual loco - but if it was built in 1942, was it built in France under German control, hence the two languages :think::think:
No, it was just a fault of the spell-checker! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
I think that it is supposed to be a French built locomotive that has been recquisitioned by the German occupation forces.

tac foley

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
I think that it is supposed to be a French built locomotive that has been recquisitioned by the German occupation forces.
No excuse for the spockling mistale, then.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
trammayo

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Had a quiet laugh about Mick and his trailer plug, as I have the habit of forgetting to raise the jockey wheel on our trailer, which is not to be recommended.
Have a good day all.
Trevor
Been there and done that too! (even when my memory was supposedly working). Thats how to get a flat on a solid tyred wheel!