Wednesday 2nd September 2020.

• Thread starter casey jones snr
  • Start date
casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
Good morning folks. It’s dark, dry and cool here in Central Leicestershire. Another fine day is forecast for this area today.
I will be at the CFR all day today, I have more maintenance to carry out .
Another picture from the CFR archives:-

Visiting locomotive at Priory Station. 7E6A8C7E-F0A2-43D1-900C-4D3998A770DC.jpeg

Last edited:
Nodrog1826

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Morning Folks.

It's all go here this morning, where it's going and when i have no clue. o_O

Any how, something from the past...

PA280016.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
trammayo

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Morning all. Wet & windy night and the promise of another wet day. Last week was a hard one - needed hay for the winter. Got the trailer out of the hay shed on Monday last week, parked it on the drive, got the hay on Wednesday, took until Friday mid-day to get it up in the hay loft (actual time struggling took about four hours over the three days. Put the trailer back in the shed, jacked it level and drove away from it. Whilst hooking up the little trailer to put that at the back of the house, I noticed the big trailer's plug still in the car's socket! Eejit I am - forgot to unplug it. Finally sorted this Monday. What's the use of memory when you forget all the time! :banghead: :banghead::banghead:

So it's a pic from the past when my memory worked .....

13.09 _20_.JPG

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Morning folks, new van day today, should be a cause for celebration but having to sort out the carpet in my old van and put it in the new one isn't fun

I noticed the big trailer's plug still in the car's socket!
Like the time someone's nameless idiot forgot to raise the supporting jockey stand on a boat trailer, and left a nice long gouge in the hallowed turf at Henley Regatta.

palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
Good morning.

Woken up at 6 am by a whimpering white cock-a-poo only to discover the poor little thing had done a _ _ _ in his crate. Hope you're not eating your breakfast when reading this. Anyhow, he appears fine now after his walk and back to his usual full-of-life self.

Next task is to package up some ebay items I've sold and take a trip to the Post Office.

Paul

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Morning all.... and a belated "Rabbits" from yesterday!

Got to start catching up with the daily threads again, after a long break of only occasionally getting to glance at the forums - lots of Real Life(tm) stuff going on that has pretty much kept my hobbies dormant for the best part of a year, but gradually getting back into it all.

Jon.

David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Reactions: 2 users
ebay mike

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Good second of September to all. Checked the Premium Bonds a few minutes ago. No large win, but several small ones!!! I'm not making any promises about not treating myself to any red boxes. Oil change went well yesterday and for the first time I managed to not spill any of the dirty stuff on the driveway. Problems only arose when I went to start the engine to check everything out. Wouldn't turn over, just a half hearted whirr. I thought I could hear something running with the ignition off. I wonder if the (electric) steering pump has found a way not to turn off? Test meter on the battery shows down to 11.1 volts - possibly a cell gone down? Anyway charger on and I'll go back in a couple or three hours to see what the score is.

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Good morning, All!
Lot's of small-persons, out and about..

A big, new JLR (amongst others, I think) site, is being built at J11 of the M/A42.. Services provision into the site, means there are temporary traffic-lights. - These don't directly affect me on the round, but if you cop it wrong, to get out onto the main road, it takes a-g-e-s for the string of traffic to pass. :(:rolleyes:
Makings of a nice day? - But a possibility of rain pm?? :think:

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Anglian

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Good (?) morning from County Armagh. Very wet and very windy. Reorganising a shed at the back of the house to hold buildings and rolling stock, not engines though; they will stay indoors. We were to head off to Florence today but who needs warm, dry weather?!
The good lady found a headless rabbit at the back door this morning, courtesy of the cat, which was very thoughtful of it assuming that we were hungry but no thanks. I think she took the message of, 'Rabbits, rabbits, rabbits', a bit too far. I regale SW... with tales of eating rabbits in the 50s, but she remains unimpressed as to the virtues of bunny meat.
Had a quiet laugh about Mick and his trailer plug, as I have the habit of forgetting to raise the jockey wheel on our trailer, which is not to be recommended.
Have a good day all.
Trevor IMG_20200830_140815.jpg

Anglian

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Had trouble sending this. Not sure the whole picture went. T

IMG_20200830_140815.jpg

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Probably one of theirs then :oops:

View attachment 272420
Ah, the arrow of indecision ;);) very fitting for the organisation :oops: along with the motto 'We're getting there.' but I don't think they ever did :eek:

Sun is shining, we have the house to ourselves, but it's 2:30 and I'm waiting for the dentist to call back :(:(

Madman

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Good Day All. The bird was back this morning.....:swear:.....The Blue heron, that is. Fortunately the fish are smarter than we give them credit for, as they hunkered down under the bridge and netting.....:)

In other news, we are off to yet another funeral this morning. This makes seven, to date, of guys all around my age who have passed. Another is very sick with pancreatic cancer. My heart goes out to their wives, but even more so to their grandchildren.

tac foley

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Woe, Woe and more WOE!!! As I removed my blas*ted mask outside Tesco's I also pulled my glasses off and they bounced off the side of the car and straight under my left foot. :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:
They had been provided from the in-store opticians just under three years ago, and had cost me just over £600 back then. Oh, for Belleville Mall and Quinté Optical!!!!!!! They are our usual go-to opticians and not only provide great service - three to four days for most fix-ups - but at prices that make a mockery of prices here in UK. When I got my last pair from them, in 2014, they cost me a whopping CAN$550 - at that time around £320, but at least I was able to claim the HST back - after a while, that is. The pair I've just destroyed were the replacements for them, lost somewhere in Chicago O'Hare airport...

Today I start transferring rolling stock into the new accommodations - NOT before time, according to Gaynor, my wife of forty-nine years, three-hundred and fifty-eight days....bless 'er. Perhaps, she noted wistfully, some of the other stuff might fit in there, too?

Time, she is suggesting in her well-loved subtle way, to get rid of some stuff that is less used. I have to agree, this last six months has seen a marked lessening in train running, what with our big track over at Mereside being closed for 'fun-running'.

Watch out in the sales section.

casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
A rather strange locomotive movement yesterday morning at the GCR Rothley:-
75D95F9C-2F70-47BF-86B5-CB9EB888020B.jpeg 28301A60-2D0D-4541-B44E-EBF15AB2AB9D.jpeg 41751CF9-CB17-48B5-877E-2B9633AEB8A6.jpeg 6724EA21-9582-419B-8285-9DAFCBCF3DA7.jpeg 9B6D26DE-0125-433A-94D4-5B4D5877EAB3.jpeg
A bit of a surprise.

• Love
Sean.

Sean.

Hmmmm
5 Oct 2017
Boston & Cocagne NB (not enough)
Good Day All. The bird was back this morning.....:swear:.....The Blue heron, that is. Fortunately the fish are smarter than we give them credit for, as they hunkered down under the bridge and netting.....:)

In other news, we are off to yet another funeral this morning. This makes seven, to date, of guys all around my age who have passed. Another is very sick with pancreatic cancer. My heart goes out to their wives, but even more so to their grandchildren.
Fishing string strung over your pond works very well.

Nodrog1826

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
On a separate note. How do you update items that have been sold in the Items for Sale section of the forum?

Thanks,

Paul