Wednesday 16th September 2020.

casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
Good morning folks. It’s dark, dry and mild here in Northwest Leicestershire, another fine day is forecast for this area today.
I will be at the CFR this morning, then at lunchtime I have to attend the surgery for my flu jab.
Another picture from the CFR archives:-
FE814FB2-D8DB-4745-9A2E-B37AB0FAB682.jpeg
Visiting Roundhouse locomotive hauling coal skips through Priory Station.

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Morning folks, another day of punishment duties, not quite sure what I've done wrong that's so bad. Going to try and miss a small part of the traffic, but I don't think it'll work. Spent last night trying to fix No 1 child's bike, not to sure what she'd done to it, but copious amounts of WD40, things started to move, hopefully tonight we may have some gears! Although quite why she needs 21 gears is another question

Nodrog1826

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Morning Folks.

Managed to fix the crack in track slab work, and sort out a few other bits as well yesterday.

Swmbo has had a rough night so her shop pain trip may well be off. :)

Back to the archive...

20200509_144956.jpg

...the offending slab work under the first and second coach.

Reactions: 1 user
mike

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Morning world, Council grass cutting team IMG_20200913_114611.jpg on site

• Wow
PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Good morning, All!
Cooler, and overcast. Possibly a little better for getting things done today?

Much telephoning today.. Lot's of answer-phone messages on Mum's machine. - Need to inform more people she is not there.. :(

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Well, it's a Morning... whether it proves to be "good" or not remains to be seen.... ;)

Felicitations, all.

Jon.

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Spent last night trying to fix No 1 child's bike, not to sure what she'd done to it, but copious amounts of WD40, things started to move, hopefully tonight we may have some gears! Although quite why she needs 21 gears is another question
To go with:
the 21 pairs of shoes
the 21 handbags
the 21 dresses
the 21 pairs of jeans...
you get the idea.

Incidentally we have a bike shop in town that sells these high end techno wonders with a simple derailleur and a hundred cogs, but the one that caught my eye had a toothed belt instead of a chain and a drum in the back wheel. I suspect it to be a constant velocity transmission like our Subaru. Very clever.

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Good morning world - I have popped up at Wroxham Barns - just off in search of coffee ;);)

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
The washing up is done and I'm awaiting the imminent return of SWMBO from the physio, she has already complained of a mild case of death this morning so I can sneak off for some fishing while she sparks out on the settee >:)

tac foley

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Got a call yesterday from the opthalmists to go collect my new specs!! Two weeks early, as well!! V. impressed. As ever, they offer a second pair at half price, like that's £238.40...whoopee

Still and all, better than walking around with emerald-green electricians' tape holding the old ones together.

Today I'm having to wait in for a package from Canada to arrive - thirteen weeks after friend Fred had it shipped in this direction. Another resounding
whoopee.

This time it's a scratchbuilt CPR reefer like mine, but a whole lot older, and probably more accurate, made by a Gauge 1-er over in Gatno, that is, in reality, Gatineau - over the McKenzie Bridge in Ottawa into the province of Québec, the largest of all the Canadian provinces, over six times as big as the entire UK, and, 'tis said, with more trees than anywhere else on earth. Except maybe Russia, somewhere - who knows?

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Most of Québec.
1600253666851.png

I'll be posting pics here after I've assessed how much damage it has suffered, although I know it was not in pristine condition when I bought it, a couple of years back. No doubt friend Stan Cedarleaf will be up for making another set of decals for me.

Last edited:
Madman

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Good Day All. Chilly but nice start to the day here in Southeastern, Pennsylvania. Electricians installed a new 100 AMP panel in the garage, yesterday and the drywall crew loaded the attic with 5/8" drywall. Today the insulator arrives. Then the drywall crew returns tomorrow to do their thing.....:):party::clap:.....My train room inches closer to reality.....:h:

In other news, hurricanes and fires continue to ravage the country. On the Gulf Coast they've already seen two feet of rain with more on the way. In the west, entire small towns have been wiped off the map. Dozens of lives lost simply makes it a heartbreaking tragedy.

• Sad
tac foley

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Good Day All. Chilly but nice start to the day here in Southeastern, Pennsylvania. Electricians installed a new 100 AMP panel in the garage, yesterday and the drywall crew loaded the attic with 5/8" drywall. Today the insulator arrives. Then the drywall crew returns tomorrow to do their thing.....:):party::clap:.....My train room inches closer to reality.....:h:

In other news, hurricanes and fires continue to ravage the country. On the Gulf Coast they've already seen two feet of rain with more on the way. In the west, entire small towns have been wiped off the map. Dozens of lives lost simply makes it a heartbreaking tragedy.
We are worried to bits about our friends in Oregon. In spite, as one person here commented - 'the dogs bark and the caravan moves on'. It's pretty hard to relax when you are surrounded on three sides by 60,000 acres of ready-to-burn fuel. Right now, Portland, Oregon's largest city, has the worst air pollution on Earth.

This is from a livestream webcam overlooking the Tilikum Crossing - Portland's newest bridge...taken three minutes ago..................believe it or not, THAT is showing an improvement of about 40% since early yesterday.

1600257009252.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
Sean.

Sean.

Hmmmm
5 Oct 2017
Boston & Cocagne NB (not enough)

I'm getting ready to go visit some friend in Myerstown Thursday ... Looking forward toit!
No not train people ..Horse people ..

David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
I was going to post this in the more humour section, then I thought the message was too serious to be very funny.

1994879d-f6ab-4674-8ec2-b8a085340f00.jpg

David

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Excellent, David, couldn't agree more....

Jon.

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
I was going to post this in the more humour section, then I thought the message was too serious to be very funny.

View attachment 273246

David
There is a big disconnect - while some people are making a fuss about what has happened in care homes, it seems that it is all still too remote for some others to understand the implications.

But then again, we have engendered a society where someone else is always to blame .................. and if in doubt, blame the government of the day :nod: :nod:

tac foley

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Well, folks. My reefer arrove from Canada about an hour ago and was very well-packed, I have to say. Basically, that meant that all the bits that got broken in transit were still there - somewhere. No blame to the original packee in far-off Gatno, but the handling twixt there and here leaves an awful lot to be desired, to say the least. As some of you here know, I'm quite handy at putting stuff together, and I look on the necessary repairs to this poor car as a challenge. Many of the fine external brass fittings - hand-irons, foot rests, handles grabs, hinges, locks et al - are busted, twisted, wrenched off or simply mangled, as though they had somehow managed to put a half-pound weight inside and shaken it up.

The vendor advised me that there was one part broken off - he put it in a plastic pill pot for keep-safeing...many of the other parts you can see here....

1600264326727.png

Still, these things are sent to try us, right?

What was broken, shall be mended, and all will be well.