Tuesday Ist September 2020.

• Thread starter casey jones snr
  • Start date
Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
G'day, g'day :hi:, Sean having informed me that it is indeed morning. Thank'ee, Sean.
Grey out there.
Taking Herself for medical tests. Fingers crossed.
Onward :nerd:

palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
Whoohoo!!! The electricians have just left me with two double power points, a five-foot long LED strip light, security cut-out switching and light switches for the new shed. The thing about our preferred tradesman is that he arrives when he says he will arrive, does a first class job of whatever he is doing, makes very reasonable charges, and tidies up as well, leaving not a trace of his activities in fitting. In this day and age of grumbling 'can't do that this mumf, mate' attitudes, he is a breff of fresh air. :) Thanks, Frank!

Later on, when I can find a camera that takes low-res imagery, I'll post a pic of the new shed - again, the company who did that made an epic job, IMO and I'm very pleased with the end result, having used up most all of my carefully hoarded 'shelving' material obtained from our local wardrobe maker for a pittance. There is just so much more space in this version - I can even have a monitor streaming the All-Classical Portland website with live webcam of the beautiful new Tilamook Crossing bridge, all bathed in a laser light display...heaven!
I love sheds. Looking forward to seeing pictures of it. Don't forget to fill it with trains..... :)

Paul

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Whoohoo!!! The electricians have just left me with two double power points, a five-foot long LED strip light, security cut-out switching and light switches for the new shed. The thing about our preferred tradesman is that he arrives when he says he will arrive, does a first class job of whatever he is doing, makes very reasonable charges, and tidies up as well, leaving not a trace of his activities in fitting. In this day and age of grumbling 'can't do that this mumf, mate' attitudes, he is a breff of fresh air. :) Thanks, Frank!

Later on, when I can find a camera that takes low-res imagery, I'll post a pic of the new shed - again, the company who did that made an epic job, IMO and I'm very pleased with the end result, having used up most all of my carefully hoarded 'shelving' material obtained from our local wardrobe maker for a pittance. There is just so much more space in this version - I can even have a monitor streaming the All-Classical Portland website with live webcam of the beautiful new Tilamook Crossing bridge, all bathed in a laser light display...heaven!
Is there room for a Beer Fridge?

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
watching TV was making me tire more quickly. So off to the eye doctor and a pair of mild prescription glasses was purchased. But I find I don't need them all of the time. Strange.
Did you try changing the batteries in the remote first? :think:

palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
I don't drink alcoholic beverages.
Perhaps you could put non-alcoholic drinks in it instead e.g. Fruit shoots. Vimto, Milk, etc

David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Perhaps you could put non-alcoholic drinks in it instead e.g. Fruit shoots. Vimto, Milk, etc
It has never sat well with me that VIMTO is an anagram of VOMIT.

David

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
It has never sat well with me that VIMTO is an anagram of VOMIT.
David
:tmi:
Mind you, I had never heard of VIMTO until it was mentioned here, and having Googled it, I probably won't think of it again :eek:

Anglian

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Good afternoon. Excellent news David. I had worn glasses since the age of ten. I couldn't see distant stuff at all without some very thick lenses. About six years ago a friend of mine told me about lens replacement through the NHS. After talking to my optician, I was referred and about ten weeks after that I had been checked out and within three weeks after that, had two new lenses. Talk about life-changing. I was like a child, reading out signs to my wife in shops, I was that excited. I wear reading glasses, but now none required for driving etcetera.
Enjoy it all.
Trevor
IMG_20200822_184933.jpg

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
tac foley

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Nobody has ever been here except my bother-in-law on his visits from Wales. I don't have any kind of a spiffy track with gnomes and pumping stations and all kinds of villages and stuff like that. It had to be built high enough off the ground to enable our wheelchair-using daughter to take part in running trains, and it sure ain't pretty like most I've seen.

It was built to test locomotives and trains. It does that well.

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
A seven-hour round trip, but the MIL went home a happy soul. Sharrafter wait and see how tings pan out.

Stopped at the Lakenheath viewing area with an ice cream - to view absolutely nothing, but the weather was fine all day - too fine for SWMBO's little car without air-con - but we managed to grab a take-away burger and chips from the Aviator at Sculthorpe; highly recommended :cool::cool:

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Brilliant news David!

Madman

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Did you try changing the batteries in the remote first? :think:

Batteries ?! Batteries ?! We don't need no stinking batteries.....:giggle:

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Batteries ?! Batteries ?! We don't need no stinking batteries.....:giggle:
Ah, gotcha drift now, old style. You need a longer stick.

cg5ef03f8967aa9.jpg