Tuesday Ist September 2020.

• Thread starter casey jones snr
  • Start date
casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
Good morning folks. Dawn is just breaking over Northwest Leicestershire, another fine day is forecast for this area today.
I will be at the CFR all day today, I have more maintenance to carry out.
Another picture from the CFR archives:-
A1647376-B6AB-416A-AB27-7D14391A2CAC.jpeg
Ellie with coal skips passing through Priory Station.

Nodrog1826

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Morning Folks.

Bit of a frost this morning, but it will soon go i guess.

A different view of the early development of the railway...

Garden.JPG

...so early, there is no railway, but the shed is starting to take shape.

Reactions: 1 user
LGB-Sid

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Good Morning World back to work for a 9 hour day at least :(

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Morning folks, had a great day yesterday. Actually managed No2 Child to get out of the house, and accompany me for a walk, then friends came round for a fairly socially distanced dinner. And I managed another coat of paint on my coach.
Today I will be adding to the chaos in Norfolk

palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
Good morning everyone.

Off to work shortly and hoping my commute from the kitchen to the upstairs bedroom will be good. Last time I got held up on the stairs for 15 seconds.

Paul

Last edited:
mike

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Morning world, tiss a new day in a new month.. Who's going to bugger it up 1st?. IMG_20200831_114035.jpg

David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Morning All

Wow, what a difference a day makes. Following my operation my vision was still a bit blurry, then yesterday afternoon, it really snapped into focus big time. Both eyes have been set to be short sighted so my close up vision should be good. Yesterday was like turning on a lightbulb. I realised that my close up vision was pin sharp, the news print leapt off the page, something that has not done for years. I found that text on the television was still blurry, being further away, my wife suggested that, as she is short sighted, I try on her distance glasses that she wears for driving. The difference was nothing short of miraculous, I cannot wait to get measured up for my own specs in about six weeks time. I have not been able to see this well for years.

So, on to the more mundane, my Choice of the Day. Today, it is a crop and exposure tweak of a pic previously posted by Stan B, posted 14.12.2015. You can click on the link below to get back to the original post.
https://www.gscalecentral.net/threads/monday-14th-december-2015.306298/

200901 151214 Stan B.jpg

David

Alpineandy

Alpineandy

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Alpennines
The sun is out, the sky is blue but here's a couple of pics from my old railway.........................:)

Brrrrrr.................:shake:

IMG_20161109_140827.jpg IMG_20161109_140812.jpg

ebay mike

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Morning world. Big improvement in the weather here on the edge of nowhere. Cool and breezy yesterday, but did manage to run a train for a couple of hours. Mikado and seven coaches was the choice of the day - just too long for the platforms. Best I trim to six next time, so perhaps there'll be a few to sell at some point. Mind you the Orient Express will remain overlength. Job of the day is oil and filter change on the car, then a quick check round in readiness for a long overdue trip to see the grandchildren. The family received the results of their tests yesterday afternoon - all negative, so returned to work and childminder this morning. The only thing likely to put the kybosh on matters would be the imposition of a local lockdown due to the large outbreak of the dreaded virus and the need for several hundred local inhabitants to self isolate. Having seen the scorn with which other regulations are treated I anticipate conflict amongst certain nationalities in some parts of the town.

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Good morning, All!
Crackin' morning, here in the middle.. Dry and bright.

Keep the snowy pictures for a bit, please! - Too much to do out-there.. :(

Yesterday, saw a big-hack of the Berberis and Ivy, at the front of the house.. Unfortunately, I ran out of puff, and green-bin, before the task was finished.. :sweating::(
Still, the bin will be emptied today, and I may gently (I ache) attack the pile of stuff still to be got rid of.. :wondering:

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Morning All

Wow, what a difference a day makes. Following my operation my vision was still a bit blurry, then yesterday afternoon, it really snapped into focus big time. Both eyes have been set to be short sighted so my close up vision should be good. Yesterday was like turning on a lightbulb. I realised that my close up vision was pin sharp, the news print leapt off the page, something that has not done for years. I found that text on the television was still blurry, being further away, my wife suggested that, as she is short sighted, I try on her distance glasses that she wears for driving. The difference was nothing short of miraculous, I cannot wait to get measured up for my own specs in about six weeks time. I have not been able to see this well for years.

So, on to the more mundane, my Choice of the Day. Today, it is a crop and exposure tweak of a pic previously posted by Stan B, posted 14.12.2015. You can click on the link below to get back to the original post.

View attachment 272381

David
David what great news so happy for you, you may be tempted to have a go at N Gauge Fine Scale now!

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Morning Folks.

Bit of a frost this morning, but it will soon go i guess.

A different view of the early development of the railway...

View attachment 272380

...so early, there is no railway, but the shed is starting to take shape.
Judging by some of the smaller plots that look as thin as my Garden you got a good site for you line.

David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
David what great news so happy for you, you may be tempted to have a go at N Gauge Fine Scale now!
Earth calling Dunnyrail............ Earth calling Dunnyrail...........

David

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Morning world, tiss a new day in a new month.. Who's going to bugger it up 1st?. View attachment 272382
Me.
Legally registered old farts get their pensions on the third to last working day of the month. This gives me some pretty intense purchase time until the first of the following month. The first of the following month is when all the payments are taken off my account (oddly bar one which is the fifth - and that is the bank loan for the car :D ) consequently it is the first of the month and I am skint. :tmi:

David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Actually, that's not as daft as it sounds. I recently bought a laser cut plywood kit that makes up into an N Gauge horse drawn coal wagon. It is intended to be painted in the company colours of I.P.Black, Coal Merchant of Gernise End, on the Claptowte Railway, to go as a model from the company's bygone days, in the window of their Coal Office. I think that will be my one and only foray into N Gauge though.

David

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
White rabbits

Broomsticks at the ready - she goes home today

tac foley

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Whoohoo!!! The electricians have just left me with two double power points, a five-foot long LED strip light, security cut-out switching and light switches for the new shed. The thing about our preferred tradesman is that he arrives when he says he will arrive, does a first class job of whatever he is doing, makes very reasonable charges, and tidies up as well, leaving not a trace of his activities in fitting. In this day and age of grumbling 'can't do that this mumf, mate' attitudes, he is a breff of fresh air. :) Thanks, Frank!

Later on, when I can find a camera that takes low-res imagery, I'll post a pic of the new shed - again, the company who did that made an epic job, IMO and I'm very pleased with the end result, having used up most all of my carefully hoarded 'shelving' material obtained from our local wardrobe maker for a pittance. There is just so much more space in this version - I can even have a monitor streaming the All-Classical Portland website with live webcam of the beautiful new Tilamook Crossing bridge, all bathed in a laser light display...heaven!

Madman

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Good Day All. What a difference a few degrees makes. This Summer has been like a steam bath. But yesterday the temps were down into the seventies.....BRRRRR. When it's actually cold outside, the seventies is like a Summer's day. I'm still wearing shorts and me legs were chilled.....:rofl:.....Taking my daily afternoon nap, I awoke not by anything but cold extremities below my waist. No, not that extremity.....:giggle:

Got the first of two windows installed in the garage attic yesterday. Really makes for a more pleasant atmosphere.

Morning All

View attachment 272381

David

Congratulations David !!!!! We all can take our eyesight for granted. Until I was in my forties, I needed no help in the form of eye glasses to see near or far. I had perfect vision. Once in my forties it was like someone turned a switch and reading glasses were in order. Then in my early fifties, bifocals came along. Once I had my caters removed, I needed no glasses for distance but still have to wear reading glasses. And for some of the modeling work I do, a pair of those magnifying headsets is in order. About a year ago, I started finding distance vision, like watching TV was making me tire more quickly. So off to the eye doctor and a pair of mild prescription glasses was purchased. But I find I don't need them all of the time. Strange.