Train Sounds

Z

zman50

Registered
22 Feb 2019
Wisconsin
I would like to place a micro bluetooth speaker on my LGB engine or trailing boxcar and then have a app on my Iphone that would allow me to push a button on screen and make train sounds like horns and whistle etc. Has anyone done this? The very few apps I have found are not very good. Any suggestions on a app for this. Thanks

Reactions: Firemangrumpy
Z

zman50

Registered
22 Feb 2019
Wisconsin
Not sure what soundpad is. Thanks for your reply.

dunnyrail

MOTM

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
I would like to place a micro bluetooth speaker on my LGB engine or trailing boxcar and then have a app on my Iphone that would allow me to push a button on screen and make train sounds like horns and whistle etc. Has anyone done this? The very few apps I have found are not very good. Any suggestions on a app for this. Thanks
Pretty sure that someone on the Forum has done this, but do not ask me to find the thread!

Firemangrumpy

Firemangrumpy

Registered
13 May 2018
Sunderland
I had the same idea but haven't done anything about it yet.
(too many ideas...not enough time)

Fred2179G

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
The Bluerail system (BlueRail Trains – Bluetooth Smart Train Control) uses the phone app to make the sound, and using a bluetooth speaker in the loco makes the sounds come from there, not the phone. It has a variety of bells, whistles, etc.

Not sure how you can use it without buying and installing the receiver, as it needs to connect before the sounds start. David (support at Bluerail) might be able to offer suggestions.