Jon.
Personally..........
I'm more of a lump-hammer man, myself! :rolleyes::D:D:D

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
That last bit "The whole questionnaire was about to start when I told her I was busy and would see her later."

You must qualify for a bravery award......:D
Or a black eye :punch:

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
It was, but Anne Aston was more pleasing on the eye ;)
Ohhh yes, she was a real little cutie, wasn't she? (Am I still allowed to say that these days...?)

Mind you, Wei Wei Wong (I think that's her in the photo too?) wasn't half bad either - lucky old Mr Monkhouse! :)

Did anyone else see the recording of that wonderful last show that he did, in the upstairs room of a pub with a small audience of (mainly) other comedians, when he was already very, very ill?
Absolutely superb, a classic masterclass in stand-up comedy, and terribly poignant as he - and everyone there - pretty much knew it would be his last time on a stage.
If you've not seen it, watch it - incredibly moving and sheer comic genius at the same time.

Jon.

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Ohhh yes, she was a real little cutie, wasn't she? (Am I still allowed to say that these days...?)

Mind you, Wei Wei Wong (I think that's her in the photo too?) wasn't half bad either - lucky old Mr Monkhouse! :)

Did anyone else see the recording of that wonderful last show that he did, in the upstairs room of a pub with a small audience of (mainly) other comedians, when he was already very, very ill?
Absolutely superb, a classic masterclass in stand-up comedy, and terribly poignant as he - and everyone there - pretty much knew it would be his last time on a stage.
If you've not seen it, watch it - incredibly moving and sheer comic genius at the same time.

Jon.
He certainly was a comedian's comedian. I wonder if today's generation of funny folk will last as long?

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
He certainly was a comedian's comedian. I wonder if today's generation of funny folk will last as long?
I'd think not, because a lot of them aren't funny to start with.... ;)

Jon.

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk

Jon.
He was certainly a good, and well-loved comedian. He wasn't my cup of tea, but then we're all different, and remarkably his humour was very clean :clap::clap:

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
He was certainly a good, and well-loved comedian. He wasn't my cup of tea, but then we're all different, and remarkably his humour was very clean :clap::clap:
Not if you went to a live "stag" show. He was as filthy as the rest. One of the reasons he was so well respected was because he knew his audience and knew there's a time and place for things, and that because he could be quite crude , he knew he didn't have to be

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Not if you went to a live "stag" show. He was as filthy as the rest. One of the reasons he was so well respected was because he knew his audience and knew there's a time and place for things, and that because he could be quite crude , he knew he didn't have to be
One of my favourites from Bob's prodigious repertoire of oneliners:
"I'm still enjoying regular sex at 65 - which is handy, because I only live at no.67....."
:D

Jon.

Reactions: 1 user