Thursday 3rd September 2020.

• Thread starter casey jones snr
  • Start date
JimmyB

JimmyB

Semi-Retired; more time for trains.
As the old joke goes (with the usual disclaimers and apologies for any national stereotyping):

"A Civil Servant is like an Irish Rocket - it doesn't work and you can't fire it...." :D :D :D

Jon.
I resemble that remark :)

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Wellllllll...........................................
The 11:20 Skype call to Mum.. Didn't happen.. :rolleyes:

Now, to be fair, I only installed Skype on the Smartie-Phone last night... But the echo test worked, so it made a call..

Today two perfectly competent Care-Staff, where trying to call me from a (presumably) i-Pad, and kept saying 'Facetime'.. - This despite my keep telling them I do not have an i-Phone.
Ho-hum.. :(

InOtherNews:
I assume there is a "Langley" in the UK, and that the 'Penrhyn 11' are not incarcerated at CIA HQ? :wondering::mask::giggle::giggle:
No doubt USPS will eventually update their system, and inform me they have attempted to deliver?? :think:

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Oh joy of joys, I was allowed to accompany SCH-you-know-who to the weekly pageant of shopping. Why was I allowed to partake? there were some heavy items in da trolley (the one that goes where it wants) and afterwards I was rewarded by being allowed to cart the stuff from the pantechnicon up to the flat. :rolleyes:
I will now go and eat a sticky bun >:)

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
CharlieBear

CharlieBear

Registered
7 Apr 2020
Didsbury
What, mid-days, mine has been at it for 2:30 hrs by 9:30 ;) :) :)
Furloughed
Getting (almost) full pay for part time hours
Soon as they want be back in the office on full hours I'll wave good bye

Reactions: 1 user
palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
SWMBO was out all day yesterday so I got a load of jobs done that would have been impossible without getting under each others feet. I left her to do her thing and got on with mine. I had literally just nipped round to the son-in-law to deliver a r/c speedboat for grandottie and give a quick explanation when my phone rang. SWMBO. Who else? I'm at home now, where are you?What are you doing? Who are you with? The whole questionnaire was about to start when I told her I was busy and would see her later. :wondering:
That last bit "The whole questionnaire was about to start when I told her I was busy and would see her later."

You must qualify for a bravery award......:D

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Wellllllll...........................................

I assume there is a "Langley" in the UK, and that the 'Penrhyn 11' are not incarcerated at CIA HQ? :wondering::mask::giggle::giggle:
No doubt USPS will eventually update their system, and inform me they have attempted to deliver?? :think:
Buckinghamshire :nod::nod::nod: not far from HMQ's little house :cool:

JimmyB

JimmyB

Semi-Retired; more time for trains.
Furloughed
Getting (almost) full pay for part time hours
Soon as they want be back in the office on full hours I'll wave good bye
I thought you weren't allowed to work for your company during Furlough, though i wouldn't know as I am working as normal (what ever that is :))

Gizzy

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Good afternoon from soggy Cambridge!

Not been here for a while, as last week we were on jolliday in Nofolk, and this week I've had to catch up at work. I had 2 meetings yesterday so home later than expected.

Today though, I have been WfH, or rather, I was! I have taken the extra hour worked yesterday from my hours today and finished early.

NTR on the G Scale front. The foxes have not done any damage to the layout and I reckon they'll be dispersing soon now that the cubs have grown. Lots of howling from them last night which adds weight to my theory.

I now have the photo below as my desktop. TEE set at Pip's Junction North....

20200526_154549.jpg

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Does anybody know where I can get some gladhand castings (1:20.3) ?

I need a few as most Bachmann models drop them around the track where you least expect them :oops::oops: What I should have done, was to cut the hoses a bit shorter, and then glue the hose to the wagon / loco and glue the gladhand, but then, that's the wisdom of hindsight ....................

SevenOfDiamonds

SevenOfDiamonds

Registered
3 Jan 2010
Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Just one of many possibilities . . .

View attachment 272501

List courtesy of the NPTG (National Public Transport Gazetteer)

All the best

David
Well, who'd have thought there were so many?

I reckon it's a US conspiracy to confuse the Russians over where their HQ really is :emo::emo::emo::emo:

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
G'day, world. Most of the way to noon in the EDT zone. Just waiting to take GS2 to CHEO for a clinic. Energy R Not Me :yawn:.
At least it's sunny outside; we had a hard downpour last evening.
Onward :nerd:

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
I thought you weren't allowed to work for your company during Furlough, though i wouldn't know as I am working as normal (what ever that is :))
You're not meant to do any work for the company that's furloughed you. That is definitely against the rules, but you are allowed to do voluntary work

Gizzy

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
You're not meant to do any work for the company that's furloughed you. That is definitely against the rules, but you are allowed to do voluntary work
And training courses....

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
One of D2's public service (civil service) employers mentioned "voluntary work" when they laid her off to avoid having to make her permanent. She asked them if they were going to pay her rent, etc. Strangely enough, they demurred.