Thursday 3rd September 2020.

• Thread starter casey jones snr
  • Start date
casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
Good morning folks. It’s dark, wet and cool here in Northwest Leicestershire, an overcast day is forecast for this area today.
I will be at the CFR all day today, I have more maintenance to carry out.
Another picture from the CFR archives:-
1DCA6BDC-9829-45A0-B4B8-BEBA23C6399C.jpeg
Oggiwalla hauling the southern stock through Priory Station.

Nodrog1826

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Morning Folks.

Today is going to be another strange day, don't know why, i just feel it is.

Moving on...

P6030016.JPG

trammayo

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Morning Paul & Gordon - hello to the rest of the world. Lovely weather yesterday (rain & winds). Booked my car in for its Test (after confirming that my local garage would service it). So that's a date in November to remember (no, not the fifth!). Something else that also runs out in October is my driving license! Went on line to see what, if anything, I could do. Yes I could renew on line. Wow! Just one small catch - had to register on a Government web site. Now waiting for an actual printed confirmation code to complete that registration! A mix of technologies I think.

Our No.2 son came down yesterday bringing two items of railway use - a boxcar and some red vinyl lettering (the latter so I can renumber a coach).
The Colorado & Southern item needs me to change the couplings and swap the wheels. I've been quite restrained this year - only six items of rolling stock added to the inventory!

Another pic from the past;-

All Blues - testing _5_.JPG

H'mm - just clocked the dandelion (omnipresent unwanteds) :banghead:

Reactions: 1 user
P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Morning folks. Looks like Gordon's off to a rocky start this morning:giggle:
Completed the van swap yesterday, now just need to get rid of about 40 or so plastic tray things. I sure some of the things I moved across haven't seen the light of day since the last new van was loaded. Unfortunately I know that if I get rid of it, I'll need it at the most awkward times!

David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
mike

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Morning world, nice day for it

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Morning all, nit sure if the weather can make it’s mind up. Looks like rain but none if that, feels cold but nit cold enough for a coat. Typical all sorts sort of a day.

CharlieBear

CharlieBear

Registered
7 Apr 2020
Didsbury
Morning all,I at least it is not raining (yet)
Nearly time to crank up the (work) computer

ebay mike

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
S'raining. Had a great day yesterday - sun shiny and socially distanced visit from wife's cousin. Had to get the trains out so a three hour running session was undertaken. Did some on board filming with the camera wagon and will try and post later. In the meantime a short video from yesterday.

Reactions: 1 user
palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
Good morning everyone.

This morning I'm trying to decide if it is worth paying £130 for a small DR Baggage Car. I've paid less than that for a DR passenger bogie coach in the past. However, it does seem difficult to find one, so may be that's the going rate? I'd welcome any thoughts on this that can help me prise my wallet open with a crowbar.

Paul

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
SWMBO was out all day yesterday so I got a load of jobs done that would have been impossible without getting under each others feet. I left her to do her thing and got on with mine. I had literally just nipped round to the son-in-law to deliver a r/c speedboat for grandottie and give a quick explanation when my phone rang. SWMBO. Who else? I'm at home now, where are you?What are you doing? Who are you with? The whole questionnaire was about to start when I told her I was busy and would see her later. :wondering:

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Wet wet wet - morning orl

Now I've booked the Dentist's appointment the tooth has stopped hurting quite so much :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

In other news, awating a couple of evilbay deliveries to finish of the MLS sound in the C-19. Have decided how to locate both an on/off switch and the infra-red control without too much damage and without making them too obvious.

The more you spend on a loco, the more jittery you get about making external changes - and I paid £350 for this one :D:D:D

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Good morning, All!
Damp out there, so I am in here..

Skype :eek: installed on the Smartie-Phone.. No one to try it on, so will be straight into a cll with Mum this morning.. Maybe? :wondering:

InOtherNews:
SiL messaged SW yesterday, to say I was to buy a Lottery ticket.. SiL had had a dream I kept winning £100 (well, It's a start ;) ).

Ticket purchased.. I done-well for me... One number. :rolleyes::shake:

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Good morning, All!
Damp out there, so I am in here..

Skype :eek: installed on the Smartie-Phone.. No one to try it on, so will be straight into a cll with Mum this morning.. Maybe? :wondering:

InOtherNews:
SiL messaged SW yesterday, to say I was to buy a Lottery ticket.. SiL had had a dream I kept winning £100 (well, It's a start ;) ).

Ticket purchased.. I done-well for me... One number. :rolleyes::shake:
When the dotter was up here a couple of weeks ago, we went across to Potter Heigham, and drove past the Post office where, about 30 odd years ago, we bought a scratch card and SWMBO won something like £25 - enough to treat us all to a cream tea while we were on holiday.

That was such a momentous win that the whole family still remembers it, and I don't think we've ever seen anything like it 'til a couple of years ago when the dotter got £3k in the Postcode lottery :)

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Marrnin'..... :)

Jon.

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
You do have to wonder about Civil Service efficiency (or perhaps you don't) - how's this for an address?

HM Revenue and Customs

HM Inspector of Taxes

CT Services

Corporation Tax Services

HM Revenue and Customs

United Kingdom

BX9 1AX

This is how your hard earned taxes are wisely spent :lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed:

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
You do have to wonder about Civil Service efficiency (or perhaps you don't) - how's this for an address?

HM Revenue and Customs

HM Inspector of Taxes

CT Services

Corporation Tax Services

HM Revenue and Customs

United Kingdom

BX9 1AX

This is how your hard earned taxes are wisely spent :lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed:

As the old joke goes (with the usual disclaimers and apologies for any national stereotyping):

"A Civil Servant is like an Irish Rocket - it doesn't work and you can't fire it...." :D :D :D

Jon.

Madman

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Good Day All. Nature calls. Back at you later.....:mad: