Thursday 17th September 2020.

• Thread starter casey jones snr
  • Start date
casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
Good morning folks. It’s dark, dry and mild here in Northwest Leicestershire, another fine day is forecast for this area today.
I will be at the CFR all day today, I have some kit building to do.
Another picture from the CFR archives:-
B3C95E2E-23B0-4EF1-AE54-AF7BBB911A2D.jpeg
Evie departs St Bernards Station.

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Morning folks, a much more sensible day today, Thetford and Ipswich, punishment duties over for a while. Got No1 Child's bike working last night, all 21 gears and what's more, it now stops too!

Nodrog1826

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Morning Folks.

Not sure what today holds, will make it up as i go along.

Archive dip.

20200224_150333.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Morning folks - second Thursday in a row that I've had to be up disgustingly early (ie: before 8am....) - but last week was a fun trip over to GRS, this week it's because the plumber is due in half an hour.... not certain what needs doing, but pretty certain it won't be cheap.... :(

Jon.

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Morning all, oh jon. Plumber and cheep in the same sentance, not sure that they are two words that should hang close together, even in the same forum

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Morning all, oh jon. Plumber and cheep in the same sentance, not sure that they are two words that should hang close together, even in the same forum
Yep.... good thing I've sold quite a lot of train stuff in the last couple of weeks.... ;)

Jon.

David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Morning All

Choice of the Day for today is a crop, straightening and exposure tweak of o pic previously posted by casey jones snr, 7.1.2016. You can click on the link below to get back to the original post.
Thursday 7th January 2016. - G Scale Central

200917 160107 casey jones snr.jpeg

David

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Yep.... good thing I've sold quite a lot of train stuff in the last couple of weeks.... ;)

Jon.
You realise that qualifies you for a naughty boy award when everyone else seem to have started a pre-chr*stmas rush to purchase :wait:

Just caught up with Palstigs woes from yesterday, 1 amp will run a Stainz but I soon found out that a twin motor loco with gadgets running outside needed more. Bought the european version of this 5 amp (different plug) GMC-10LGB5F from Gaugemaster and all was hunky-dory.

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Plumber and cheep in the same sentance

Yeah, not many birds do plumbing ;););)

SWMBO off to the barns today - means I have a day of rest ironing, but I hope to try to find a way in to the C-19 boiler :mm::mm:

palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
Morning folks - second Thursday in a row that I've had to be up disgustingly early (ie: before 8am....) - but last week was a fun trip over to GRS, this week it's because the plumber is due in half an hour.... not certain what needs doing, but pretty certain it won't be cheap.... :(

Jon.
Hi Jon,

Hope the plumbing job goes well and isn't too expensive. I'm not religious but I will pray for you :)

Paul

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Now, back to the on-screen adverts - today there is an advert for Watchfinder. Has anyone watched ('scuse the pun) their TV adverts?

One of them shows a guy's arm, obviously with a fancy watch on the wrist, moving the arm of an old record player .............................. to start playing the record in the wrong place :rofl::rofl:

They wanted him to move his arm across the screen, so they got him to move the arm of the record player to the centre of the disc; which would be the end, not the beginning :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Hi Jon,

Hope the plumbing job goes well and isn't too expensive. I'm not religious but I will pray for you :)

Paul

Thanks Paul - looks like a new tank (hot water cylinder) - which will cost about the same as a new tank LOCO, which I would much rather be spending the money on....

Jon.

palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
Thanks Paul - looks like a new tank (hot water cylinder) - which will cost about the same as a new tank LOCO, which I would much rather be spending the money on....

Jon.
When the shop refund me, I'll lend you the money. That would give me more pleasure.

Paul

tac foley

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Today I will be mostly making a start on the rebuilding of my Gauge 1 reefer wreck, having found some bits that might just make a difference - namely, a pair of Trackside Details' amazing cast brass ladders in 1/32nd scale. Still looking for some truck springs, though, so a visit to Inwood Models in H'tingdon is next, after I've done with my 3rd coffee of the day. Lots of bent bits, made of brass, so easy to fix. I've found out from pal Ryan Bednarik of Triple R Services and flat 'at fame that it was a resin kit made sometime between '95 and '00, but trying to contact the maker proved to be without fruit.

Apparently a 'temporary directory' is missing, so I can't post pics right now.................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Watch this space.

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
When the shop refund me, I'll lend you the money. That would give me more pleasure.

Paul
That's jolly nice of you to say so, Paul - the money itself isn't the problem, it's the annoyance of having to spend it on domestic stuff rather than "fun" stuff! ;)

Sadly, Real Life (tm) has a habit of happening around us while we had other plans..... :mad:

All the best,
Jon.

ebay mike

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.

Jon.
The answer is simple Jon - wash in cold water and buy a new tank loco.

ebay mike

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
I've just received a letter from the bank's (my employer from the 1960s to mid 1990s) pension fund. Seems there was some disparity when the GMP system was set up and a recalculation has been undertaken. It would appear I am due a one-off compensation payment to be included in this month's instalment. This is definitely not a scam or phishing exercise - I have checked and it is kosher! I will be able to treat myself to a couple of BR50s with change providing SWMBO doesn't find out.☺

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
The answer is simple Jon - wash in cold water and buy a new tank loco.

Wash? What is this strange concept....? :rofl:

Please note that I'm joking.... with a few of my customers, however, I'm not so certain....

Jon.