DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
tac foley

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Forty-nine years ago today, five minutes ago, I got married to the lady who has shared my life since then.

She is a treasure beyond pearls and rubies.

She likes trains and shooting - how could I resist a woman like that?

So Ii didn't.

palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
Also what you are looking for loco wise Paul.
Forty-nine years ago today, five minutes ago, I got married to the lady who has shared my life since then.

She is a treasure beyond pearls and rubies.

She likes trains and shooting - how could I resist a woman like that?

So Ii didn't.
Congratulations Tac.

You should be very pleased that she shares both of your interests.

Paul

Reactions: 1 user
palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
Also what you are looking for loco wise Paul.
Thanks Jon. This will be my next purchase as it's metre gauge, Harz, and is ideal for my sharp radius 1 curves.

Paul

palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
Thanks Jon. This will be my next purchase as it's metre gauge, Harz, and is ideal for my sharp radius 1 curves.

Paul
In the meantime, this looks like a good read...........

Haynes-H6620-cover_0.jpg

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex

Paul
Paul, if you're looking for a 2-6-2 Ballerina, give Matt at GRS a ring; I've just come back from a trip over there, and he's got a second-hand one in a large collection he's just taken in (and not yet listed on their website) - looked a little dusty (the loco, not Matt....) but I believe it's DCC/sound and the price seemed quite reasonable. I didn't look at it too closely, so you'd have to ask about the details.

He's got a couple of Harzbulle 2-10-2s in the same lot, but they are much pricier (actually he's got three, the third is an LGB/Aster metal one which will probably be eye-wateringly expensive...). Lots of Harz coaches and DR goods stock too. The only thing to watch out for is that most seem to have (Kadee?) knuckle couplers fitted, but if they're not your thing then it's easy enough to return them to LGB type.

Jon.

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
The only thing to watch out for is that most seem to have (Kadee?) knuckle couplers fitted, but if they're not your thing then it's easy enough to return them to LGB type.
Unless the mountings (especially the trailing arm on the rear pony) have been cut-about. - Don't ask! :eek::(

Anglian

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Good afternoon all.
Congratulations Tac. Looks like you scored a bullseye there with your good lady. I'm three years behind you on that one, but the sentiments are the same. Good to get a keeper as the angler in me would say, and my IMG_20200909_181722.jpg IMG_20200906_183804.jpg lady loves the railway too!
Just back from a gentle Land Rover run down south for a coastline walk and a picnic by a picturesque harbour. Can't be bad.
Had a good day yesterday, running trains for my brother in law and his wife. Not sure whether it was going to be their thing, but they were genuinely very complimentary which is rewarding.
Have a good rest of the day.
Trevor

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Congratulations tac.

palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
Paul, if you're looking for a 2-6-2 Ballerina, give Matt at GRS a ring; I've just come back from a trip over there, and he's got a second-hand one in a large collection he's just taken in (and not yet listed on their website) - looked a little dusty (the loco, not Matt....) but I believe it's DCC/sound and the price seemed quite reasonable. I didn't look at it too closely, so you'd have to ask about the details.

He's got a couple of Harzbulle 2-10-2s in the same lot, but they are much pricier (actually he's got three, the third is an LGB/Aster metal one which will probably be eye-wateringly expensive...). Lots of Harz coaches and DR goods stock too. The only thing to watch out for is that most seem to have (Kadee?) knuckle couplers fitted, but if they're not your thing then it's easy enough to return them to LGB type.

Jon.
Thanks Jon. Appreciate the heads-up.

I'll give him a call tomorrow morning when they re-open.

Paul

Fezwig

Fezwig

Registered
5 Jul 2016
Croft, Warrington
Congrats Tac :party:
Evening All, gone a bit Dixon of Dock Green there, (mind you both him and me have driven a royal scot) First PSA blood test today, so hoping for a nice low 0. something number.
Had to test the numbered pairs coaches today, this time with a Harz Kamel, looks like a what if Mr Sheard had got the Diesels locos from the West Claire
DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

Northsider

Northsider

Registered
3 May 2012
Congrats Tac :party:
Evening All, gone a bit Dixon of Dock Green there, (mind you both him and me have driven a royal scot) First PSA blood test today, so hoping for a nice low 0. something number.
Had to test the numbered pairs coaches today, this time with a Harz Kamel, looks like a what if Mr Sheard had got the Diesels locos from the West Claire
View attachment 272929

View attachment 272930
You'll find that the half-brakish makes a lovely sound as it goes: something to do with bogies and the acoustic of the brake van. I like the West Clare connection: easier than building a Worsley Works etching!

Oh lord, I sound obsessed, don't I?

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
..........Oh lord, I sound obsessed, don't I?

No more so than the rest of us here.... you're among friends, this is a "safe space", as the Woke would say....! ;)

Jon.

David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
No more so than the rest of us here.... you're among friends, this is a "safe space", as the Woke would say....! ;)

Jon.
I know that Woke is a current word that is is common use but I have absolutely no idea what it means or what it stands for. I feel very old.

David

Fezwig

Fezwig

Registered
5 Jul 2016
Croft, Warrington
I know that Woke is a current word that is is common use but I have absolutely no idea what it means or what it stands for. I feel very old.

David
Just had to look it up myself,

“originally: well-informed, up-to-date. Now chiefly: alert to racial or social discrimination and injustice”.

I suppose I should finish with "LOL" or some such modern text type word :wondering:

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk

David
Just had to look it up myself,

“originally: well-informed, up-to-date. Now chiefly: alert to racial or social discrimination and injustice”.

I suppose I should finish with "LOL" or some such modern text type word :wondering:
I suspect it means something important - and I just can't be a****d :mask: :mask:

Another trendy thing will emerge, and disappear .........................

The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve,

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Another trendy thing will emerge, and disappear .........................
The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, ...
I suspect many of the woke would not recognize this, or dismiss it as the ramblings of a dead white male.

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex