The Wychbold and Stoke Prior Railway

kedwards

Caving, Garden Railways
Country flag
You have pretty well turned those damp spots into French Drains. Line is moving on nicely, not long before you restart Thomas Vid production I guess.
Yes, Thomas videos have have been a little sparse since I moved house. I have written a couple of storyboards but don't want to film anything until I've done a lot more work on the railway. Hopefully Diesel will appear soon. I'm sure that when he teams up with Scruffey and Spiteful Brakevan their will be trouble.

curtis

Registered
27 Nov 2018
Germany
hsbagardenrailway.com
Country flag
The station looks really great - the gentle curve along the platform works really well.
Looking forward to seeing it develop more!

kedwards

Caving, Garden Railways
Country flag
The station looks really great - the gentle curve along the platform works really well.
Looking forward to seeing it develop more!
Thanks Curtis. In my opinion the best part of having a garden railway is the construction phase. I'm really enjoying planning and developing the railway.

kedwards

Caving, Garden Railways
Country flag
I've had very few opportunities to work on the railway this month. The only job I've managed to do is work on is the tunnel which I've made out of foam board.

P1070024.JPG

The tunnel in situ.

IMG_0353.jpeg

I've poured concrete behind the tunnel walls.
IMG_0354.jpeg

The concrete walls will support slabs which will carry the path to the woodland area beyond. Eventually the tunnel will be grassed over and the lawn profiled to match.
IMG_0355.jpeg
I've

Reactions: 1 user

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Country flag
That will be very photogenic..
I especially like the refuges,in the tunnel walls. :)

Mind you.. Caver, or not, even you will have problems accessing the tunnel if there is a derailment!
:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Jasper

Hey, I'm only being creative here.
11 Mar 2017
The Netherlands
Country flag
Those refuges to me look more like portals. I imagine them leading to some scary Hogwarts room.

JimmyB

Semi-Retired; more time for trains.
Country flag
Regardless of the other comments I think it’s excellent :)

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Country flag
Regardless of the other comments I think it’s excellent :)
Indeed so, just shows the varied and many uses that Foamboard can be used for. I have been building a Facade of Boston Lodge for my mate in Somerset out of the stuff.

kedwards

Caving, Garden Railways
Country flag
That will be very photogenic..
I especially like the refuges,in the tunnel walls. :)

Mind you.. Caver, or not, even you will have problems accessing the tunnel if there is a derailment!
:giggle::giggle::giggle:
Thank you.
I can reach the middle of the tunnel from either end, and besides my track laying is so good that I won't get any derailments. :D

Reactions: 1 user

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Country flag
Thank you.
I can reach the middle of the tunnel from either end, and besides my track laying is so good that I won't get any derailments. :D
Careful, the gremlins have ears

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Country flag

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Country flag
Thank you.
It’s not the track that will cause a derailment but those little beasties that like get in to more secluded areas. It really does look good.

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Country flag
Just been catching up with progress. Looks like you are cracking on apace. Those retaining walls look brilliant as does the tunnel.

Rik