25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
:snooze: Who? Me? :snooze:

Just been busy.. Life is too short to take a fence, a wicket-gate, or a small potting-shed at anything said on here.. :)

FrenchChuffed

FrenchChuffed

Registered
27 Mar 2016
Droitwich Spa
There are lots of Potty shed comments on here most meant in good fun.

kedwards

kedwards

Caving, Garden Railways
Not a lot of progress to report this week as it has been very slow and backbreaking work digging out the trackbed. Below a thin layer of top soil is a thick bed of heavy red clay which sets like concrete in dry weather. I've needed to use a mattock to dig it out! If I decide to add another business for the railway to serve it will have to be a pottery. :D
P1060454.jpeg

In the foreground is the top and highest point of the garden. The inner track, shown here, is radius 5 curves. The railway will run through a tunnel here. The tunnel will carry a path to the wooded area at the very top of the garden.
Stoke Works station will be situated on the curve in the middle of the photograph and behind it will be the Salt Works.

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
A Pottery?

Wouldn't a Brick Works give a greater opportunity for stock-movements? - A yard with stacked bricks, big chimney, sheds, road transport.. :):nod::nod:

Reactions: 1 user
kedwards

kedwards

Caving, Garden Railways
A Pottery?

Wouldn't a Brick Works give a greater opportunity for stock-movements? - A yard with stacked bricks, big chimney, sheds, road transport.. :):nod::nod:
A much better idea. Thanks for the suggestion. I knew that there was a good reason for posting here.

FrenchChuffed

FrenchChuffed

Registered
27 Mar 2016
Droitwich Spa
With all that clay your digging out, just another brick in the wall, with a Brick works.

Reactions: 1 user