The Vector system anyone?

voodoopenguin

voodoopenguin

Registered
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
Seems I might have Rhinoitus, can't see either of Paul's piccys, or Rhinos copy of them!!
If what you are seeing is just black rectangles then that is what you are supposed to see. It was a joke.

Paul

JimmyB

JimmyB

Phase 1 complete, roll on Phase 2
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
korm kormsen

korm kormsen

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Seems I might have Rhinoitus, can't see either of Paul's piccys, or Rhinos copy of them!!
as the train has got no windows, i supect, that the completly black pics, that i see, represent the view through non existing windows.
(but, maybe, i looked to the wrong direction...)

voodoopenguin

voodoopenguin

Registered
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
as the train has got no windows, i supect, that the completly black pics, that i see, represent the view through non existing windows.
(but, maybe, i looked to the wrong direction...)
Exactly. My attempt at a joke was based on those totally black postcards you can buy along the lines of "The New Forest at Night"

Paul

korm kormsen

korm kormsen

Registered
24 Oct 2009
being old, my first thought was very political incorrect: "oh, a n... in a tunnel!"

then the still active rest of my brain made the connection: black - tunnel = no windows -> :think: o_O :giggle: :cool:

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Exactly. My attempt at a joke was based on those totally black postcards you can buy along the lines of "The New Forest at Night"

Paul
Probably originated with Arthur Ransome's stories - I seem to remember the boy Roger once drew a 'scene on a dark night'

As a young and impressionable child - I never forgot it, but never managed to go to sea ;););)

voodoopenguin

voodoopenguin

Registered
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
Probably originated with Arthur Ransome's stories - I seem to remember the boy Roger once drew a 'scene on a dark night'

As a young and impressionable child - I never forgot it, but never managed to go to sea ;););)
Glad to hear you were brought up proper, have you read them all?

And how are your picture woes? Seemed a strange problem.

Paul

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Great Western IEP and LNER Azuma’s have a set of seats with a similar but mostly grey view of nothing. Looks like the old Railway is leading the way with the Window Situation.

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Glad to hear you were brought up proper, have you read them all?

And how are your picture woes? Seemed a strange problem.

Paul
Well, my mother used to read them to my brother and I at teatime - I think we covered the lot, except Coot Club which I think I read at a later time.

As for pictures today - it's a bit like Paddy when he jumped off the roof of a skyscraper, as he went past each balcony they heard him say, 'So far so good ................'[/QUOTE]

• Haha
Reactions: Ralphmp
beavercreek

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
East Anglia
www.facebook.com
10% inclines are no bother... now that is where I went wrong....
When building my layout I should have installed 'atmospheric drive'.......
I will just have to continue to soldier on with multiple heavy motor drives instead.... .....but next time.......

KeithT

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
I mean, I like the idea, but just imagine the pandemonium at, say, King's Cross when the slug moves off down the tube and the load is too much, leaving the train behind o_O o_O o_O

Who brings the slug back? - it'll have got to Peterborough before anyone can stop it :devil::devil::devil:

KeithT

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Something similar happened with the first train through the Chunnel the loco started without being attached to its train. A railworker walking along the platform towards the camera realised what was happening, took off his hard hat and held it over his face as he walked past the camera.

P

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010