The Schmatterhorn...A new pizza microlayout

vsmith

G Scale indoors, O Tinplate, Micro Layouts
24 Oct 2009
Sunny So Cal
The Schmatterhorn...or, you can't keep a good lunatic down.

Underway ...basic foam work finally done. This is a 2'x2' ish micro using Gargraves flextrack this time as an experiment. 2" thick pink foam from Home Despot, sunlight gives it a wierd silver sheen. This one also splits into two sections, upper and lower. Got a ways to go, but as the Costa Mesa show looms, I was getting a little desperate that I only have one layout, Heckawe Junction, readily accessible. This layout has been in the works since I sold the Angry Beaver but I haven't been able to do it any justice until now.

2104b_9df4.jpg

21053_e706.jpg

2105b_777d.jpg

So far so good, I'll be taking this to a train show at Costa Mesa, warts and all, if just to show how it's done.

Reactions: 2 users

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
The Schmatterhorn...or, you can't keep a good lunatic down.

Underway ...basic foam work finally done. This is a 2'x2' ish micro using Gargraves flextrack this time as an experiment. 2" thick pink foam from Home Despot, sunlight gives it a wierd silver sheen. This one also splits into two sections, upper and lower. Got a ways to go, but as the Costa Mesa show looms, I was getting a little desperate that I only have one layout, Heckawe Junction, readily accessible. This layout has been in the works since I sold the Angry Beaver but I haven't been able to do it any justice until now.

2104b_9df4.jpg

21053_e706.jpg

2105b_777d.jpg

So far so good, I'll be taking this to a train show at Costa Mesa, warts and all, if just to show how it's done.

You're reaching new heights Vic;). Nice to see your work again and I look forward to more!

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Leave out the Anchovies on my Piza please. Just love Piza layouts, I wonder if anyone has ever thought of making one look like a real Piza Anchovies and all? Interesting build chalange I would say.
JonD

vsmith

24 Oct 2009
Sunny So Cal
A few years ago this got sidelined. I really hated the way the Gargraves track looked, like O rails spread to G gauge, which is exactly what it is, So it just kinda died, Well, It's not quite dead yet. Through a G group on FB I got in touch with an online outfit called Frogtown Trains who occasionally offer handbent 20 and 30 inch circles, they were out of the 30 but had a 20 inch offered so I grabbed it. pulled up the Gargraves stuff and set this down instead, had to cut and add a couple 3 inch straights to make it all fit, but this just might work now, it certainly looks an improvement.

smiley-tongue-out.gif

Schmatterhorn%20reduex%20pic1.jpg

vsmith

24 Oct 2009
Sunny So Cal
Current status, track spiked and glued down with adhesive caulk. wired and running.
smiley-laughing.gif

Schmatterhorn%20reduex%20pic2.jpg

Schmatterhorn%20reduex%20pic3%20(1).jpg

korm kormsen

Registered
24 Oct 2009
good to see you back, at what you do best: minies!