Sunday 6th September 2020

Madman

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Good Day All. Off to GD1's soccer game later this morning. Maybe I'll have time to run some trains today. Wait, cancel that, must bring rocks to son's house that we loaded up yesterday at Uncle frank's place. Then unload a cabinet for SWMBO to use as a potting table/storage thing-a-ma-jig. Another treasure from UF.

So that track work crew finally has a reason why they took so long fixing the track.....:wasntme:

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Art'noon everyone...

Jon.

Anglian

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Had a rummage through the carp left-over from stuffing the papers etc.

I prefer stuffed trout myself, but each to their own.

penylanpip

penylanpip

Registered
1 Apr 2010
Barry, UK
www.gscalecentral.net
It's started....
Cat's Protection quarterly magazine arrived yesterday - along with their C.....mas catalogue!

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
I count 4! :nerd:
Technically Nora Batty was of female gender and therefore not a Yorkshireman. There again where is Compo's ferret?

Last edited:
Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
I count 4! :nerd:

Good morni afternoon, All! - Just missed-it! ;)
Dry, but overcast..

A gentle morning.. Had a rummage through the carp left-over from stuffing the papers etc. - We got them all today! :rock:
Yesterday's debacle, was a financial loss, as well as a loss to the environment. :(

Would quite like to corner a member of XR in the local pub, and discuss the matter with him/her.. :mask::banghead:
One of the papers that didn't get involved was the Daily Mail - all nicely to the printers and distributors on time .......................... but

There was a T20 match England vs Australia at Southampton the previous evening, played under floodlights and the Mail reported on the first half of the match only - the England innings which, on its own, didn't look a big enough total. No coverage of the Aussie innings, and how England won by 5 runs - how daft was that o_Oo_Oo_O

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Good morning. Still is morning here, bright and cool :cool:.
Laundry under way, but while the machine is doing the hard work, I shall stagger down the yard with a spray can of varnish for the trestle walkways, which seem to have survived the wet night under the tarp.
And maybe sorting out the basement workshop, a daunting task.
Onward, perhaps to dream of Royal Hudsons (with a nod to tac).

Gizzy

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Good evening from sunny Cambridge!

Today Mizzy and I have been to Carolinadorf, a small hamlet on our railway....

20200906_161656.jpg

ebay mike

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
We has just returned from foreign climes (Hampshire). Grandchildren were fine, but have grown so much since we last saw them before the pandemic despite a weekly Skype. Until they're seen in the flesh you don't appreciate the difference. Outward journey went well until the M25 junction for the A1. Three of the four lanes closed for roadworks but there were still four lanes of drivers hell-bent on getting somewhere at the speed of light. Down to a crawl for 20 minutes. Fairly pleasant return leg, which included a picnic in the car near Heathrow. Location could have been better - three-quarters of an hour parked in lane three at junction 15 of the clockwise M25 while the emergency services separated four socially undistanced cars.

Last edited:
Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
We has just returned from foreign climes (Hampshire). Grandchildren were fine, but have grown so much since we last saw them before the pandemic despite a weekly Skype. Until they're seen in the flesh you don't appreciate the difference. Outward journey went well until the M25 junction for the A1. Three of the four lanes closed for roadworks but there were still four lanes of drivers hell-bent on getting somewhere at the speed of light. Down to a crawl for 20 minutes. Fairly pleasant return leg, which included a picnic in the car near Gatwick. Location could have been better - three-quarters of an hour parked in lane three at junction 15 of the clockwise M25 while the emergency services separated four socially undistanced cars.
At least the M25 car park is free - it's the only one in London that is :devil: :devil: