Sunday 6th September 2020

ebay mike

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Early morning call from the edge of nowhere. Dark, dry and mild here at the moment. No train time today. 400 mile round trip to see the grandchildren - first time since February. Passports, visas and emergency rations all on board for the journey. Hope there's not too much of a queue at Border Control on the A11.

L

Lez2000

Registered
Morning Mike,
That's a big trip. I think you'll find the amount of traffic has increased considerably over the last couple of weeks.
I'm sure you'll enjoy the time spent with the grandchildren. Have a safe drive.

casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
Good morning folks. It’s dry, bright and mild here at the CFR. Another fine day is forecast for this area today.
We had a pretty good day at the CFR yesterday and I’m hoping for a similar day today.
Another picture from the CFR archives:-
CFE9014C-6DA3-463B-810E-30DDE2EA8FE3.jpeg Roundhouse Millie steaming into St Bernards Station.

idlemarvel

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Early morning call from the edge of nowhere. Dark, dry and mild here at the moment. No train time today. 400 mile round trip to see the grandchildren - first time since February. Passports, visas and emergency rations all on board for the journey. Hope there's not too much of a queue at Border Control on the A11.
I'm lucky my grandchildren live two miles away. Safe journey.

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Morning folks, after making a complete pig of myself at our friends yesterday, I'm set for my Sunday Trot. Mike, you'll be fine, well until 5 Ways that is!

palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
Good morning everyone.

Have a safe trip Mike.

Paul

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Morning all and here is me pondering over a 60 odd mile car drive to see Casey. Nothing compared to a 400 miler that Mike will be doing. Safe trip.

Nodrog1826

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Morning Folks.

P6140069.JPG

Gavin Sowry

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
'Tis Father's Day in this neck of the woods. D turns up with a new gramophone player. Such things are making a comeback. Spent some time listening to some 40 year old vinyl, and, they're right, it can sound better than CD recordings. SWMBO has some original Beatles records that got an airing, along with my 45 of the Ying Tong Song (that's 60 years old!) . Did get some train time in, before rain stopped play.

palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
Morning all and here is me pondering over a 60 odd mile car drive to see Casey. Nothing compared to a 400 miler that Mike will be doing. Safe trip.
Do it!!!!!

David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Morning All

You lucky devils, my grandchildren live 4,000 miles away and it's last C*****mas since I was last able to pick them up for a cuddle, and I guess it's going to be a while longer before I can. Our son is very good, it's almost every other day that we get photographs sent through and we facetime every week, but it's not the same.

Sunny here today and the warmest it's been for a week.

Choice of the Day today is a crop, straightening and exposure tweak of a pic previously posted by casey jones snr, 20.12.2015. You can click on the link below to get back to the original post.
https://www.gscalecentral.net/threads/sunday-20th-december-2015.306318/

200906 151220 casey jones snr.jpeg

David

Anglian

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Morning all.
Safe driving Mike. We have number one grandchild ten minutes away, but my daughter and her husband are expecting their first in late October down in Kent. This will be a ferry across to Holyhead and a drive down. We've done the Armagh to East Anglia run scores of times so no problems there.
Dry at the moment so some train (runny Nguyen!!? - spell check) running is likely to happen before SiL calls round for two-hours of goss... , information exchange.
IMG_20200724_101859.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Barton Mills is the big queue - since they've 'improved' the roundabout :rolleyes::rolleyes:

No service in our village church this morning, so we pop down the road to a 'wee free' ;)

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
You lucky devils, my grandchildren live 4,000 miles away and it's last C*****mas since I was last able to pick them up for a cuddle, and I guess it's going to be a while longer before I can. Our son is very good, it's almost every other day that we get photographs sent through and we facetime every week, but it's not the same.
David
(Put on a 3 Yorkshiremen accent) You're lucky! Grandottie lives around the corner 5 minutes walk away!

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Alpineandy

Alpineandy

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Alpennines
Overcast and rain due bout dinner time. Managed platform repaint yesterday. Outlaws due for a birthday tea ) not mine. Talking of 3 Yorkshire characters.

IMG_20190921_112638769.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
I count 4! :nerd:

Good morni afternoon, All! - Just missed-it! ;)
Dry, but overcast..

A gentle morning.. Had a rummage through the carp left-over from stuffing the papers etc. - We got them all today! :rock:
Yesterday's debacle, was a financial loss, as well as a loss to the environment. :(

Would quite like to corner a member of XR in the local pub, and discuss the matter with him/her.. :mask::banghead: