Sunday 30 August 2020

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
G'day, world :cool:. I slept in, for a wonder, and am gazing out at a bright, cool day.
As for activities, we shall see ...
Onward

Anglian

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Good afternoon all.
Glad to hear things went well David. Take your time now.
The good lady went to see/listen to the SiL and I play.., operated trains for a couple of dry hours - bliss!

IMG_20200830_135821.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
penylanpip

penylanpip

Registered
1 Apr 2010
Barry, UK
www.gscalecentral.net
InOtherNews:
How much do folks reckon for a Spektrum 2-truck Shay in tidy condition?

Are you selling, Phil, or looking to buy one?... B 82199 _Large_.JPG >:)

Last edited:
LGB-Sid

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
I added a bit of a ruin castle today , I got a bit more for my money than I anticipated this is just the left over bits...

castle1.jpg

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Good news about your op, David, it must be a huge weight of your mind

Gavin Sowry

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
To find the density of any object, you need to know the Mass (grams) of the object, and its Volume (measured in mL or cm³). Divide the mass by the volume in order to get an object's Density.
Ain't Google wunnerful?
Anyway, there is much density, or duncity, out there :worried:
Of course, when calculating intelligence density, you can't divide by zero.... that's mathematically impossible. :rolleyes:

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Of course, when calculating intelligence density, you can't divide by zero.... that's mathematically impossible. :rolleyes:
Whatever you divide by, the result is zero, based on available evidence :rolleyes:

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
I added a bit of a ruin castle today , I got a bit more for my money than I anticipated this is just the left over bits...

View attachment 272322
I have a box of bits of castle that look like this, acquired years ago at a show. Really should put some of it to use.

ebay mike

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Well the rain held off for the garage sale. A little cool and breezy but that worked to our advantage. Seems some of those who signed up to participate didn't do so in the end. A goodly number of persons circulated through the village resulting in a greater potential spend at each venue. Some of the things we were hoping to sell attracted no interest, but on the other hand all the dross went. The end result went nicely into three figures come cash-up time and I graciously agreed that none of these proceeds would be destined for any railway related purposes. As SWMBO knows nothing of the finger slip on Friday evening and the financial side has already been dealt with I cannot be accused of going back on my word. Mr Hermes should be calling on Wednesday so I may have to find an excuse for someone (!) to go and collect an important piece of something (I have in mind some plumbing essential) from Toolstation in Great Yarmouth mid-afternoon. Ian, the courier, is usually very predictable on his delivery timings. Fingers crossed!!!

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
... Mr Hermes should be calling on Wednesday so I may have to find an excuse for someone (!) to go and collect an important piece of something (I have in mind some plumbing essential) from Toolstation in Great Yarmouth mid-afternoon. Ian, the courier, is usually very predictable on his delivery timings. Fingers crossed!!!
cunning.jpg

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Ah, but when you get into higher maths, I am reliably informed, you can have imaginary numbers - all a bit above my pay grade by my one of my sons was a maths whizz and it was part of his Masters course on ship design :nerd::nerd::nerd:

Anglian

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
“As cunning as a fox who’s just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?”

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
“As cunning as a fox who’s just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?”
As cunning as a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University but has moved on and is now working for the U.N. at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Ah, but when you get into higher maths, I am reliably informed, you can have imaginary numbers - all a bit above my pay grade by my one of my sons was a maths whizz and it was part of his Masters course on ship design :nerd::nerd::nerd:
Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
InOtherNews:
How much do folks reckon for a Spektrum 2-truck Shay in tidy condition?

Are you selling, Phil, or looking to buy one?... View attachment 272314 >:)
There is one on-offer on evilBay, and the Seller has a number of pieces of rolling-stock listed as well..
I was thinking there may be a deal to be done, on the whole lot?.. The Shay is a 'novelty' to me really. - I can appreciate the mechanics, and have even fettled a very poor example.

The stock, I would definitely use.. The Shay might see the light of day occasionally.

Having said all that, the nicest piece of rolling-stock, has been sold. :(