Sunday 30 August 2020

Gavin Sowry

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
DSC_0907.JPG

Greetings all. Traction is the action on the Taita Gorge today. They say, it's only a month to daylight saving...... night running beckons. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
Good evening Gavin, good morning folks. It’s dark, dry, windy and mild here in Northwest Leicestershire, a fine day is forecast for this area today.
I will be at the CFR all day today, a normal Sunday running session is planned.
A picture from yesterday’s session:-
7EC6024D-E098-4DD8-ADCF-46409947C98C.jpeg
Local trip working.

Nodrog1826

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Morning Folks.

It appears that from comments made that i may be repeating myself in my choice photographs.

Ah well...

20150609_102452.jpg

Ah well...

20150609_102452.jpg

...and no that is new piece of point work, not cleaned with that stuff that i do not endorse, that is currently knocking around.:p

Last edited:
  • Haha
ebay mike

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Early morning greetings from the edge of nowhere. Just checking in before I start putting things out for today's village garage sale. I hope the weather holds out - it stopped raining about an hour ago. I see no point in trying to sell any garden railway stuff as most people usually expect something for nothing, price-wise. It may also prompt thoughts of nefarious nocturnal exploration among some of the axxxholes who live hereabouts. Shame you all live so far away as there is still much business to do.

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Morning folks, just preparing for my Sunday Trot, hopefully it'll stay reasonably dry, it appears the wind my have dropped a tad

mike

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Morning world, today the3d printers stopped.. For now, as its finished printing the surports,, 2x 1kilo of filament and a length of 20mm electrical conduit, and some foambord.. Job done. IMG_20200829_131755.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
AustrianNG

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
Morning world, today the3d printers stopped.. For now, as its finished printing the surports,, 2x 1kilo of filament and a length of 20mm electrical conduit, and some foambord.. Job done. View attachment 272286

Nicely done Mike

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Morning world, today the3d printers stopped.. For now, as its finished printing the surports,, 2x 1kilo of filament and a length of 20mm electrical conduit, and some foambord.. Job done. View attachment 272286
Yards and yards of that would make a very good US type Elevated Railway, nice job. Morning all at least the rain managed to stay away for our operating session yesterday - well mostly nothing enough to cause a head for the Shed for the Trains but at one stage it was a close thing.

LGB-Sid

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Good Morning world , no wet stuff falling from the sky today so far , so might get something done :)

Alpineandy

Alpineandy

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Alpennines
Dry, cloudy and tad chilly here.
Pic from yesterday steamy session curtailed due to rain. IMG_20200829_105308047.jpg IMG_20200829_114956490.jpg

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
It is Sunday.
It is 20°C cool.
Report over.

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Good morning, All!
SW returns today! :eek: - Amazing, how far 'stuff' can spread, when you are having fun! ;):devil:

Twitch loves 'following' the early morning (just got up) coffee delivery train. - Living room branch. :D:D:D
Still, I suppose I had better pack the Playmobil track away, and do some shop-pain..? :think:

David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Morning All

I would like to start off by thanking you all for your best wishes for my eye op yesterday. It all went very well. This morning my eye feels a bit battered and bruised, I don't remember feeling that sore after the first op, even though it was more traumatic surgery. Dark glasses are the order of the day, for a few days, until my pupil returns to normal, bright light is quite painful. My fears have been allayed in that my normal vision is quite good, i could even read the newspaper this morning without too much problem, something I have struggled with recently. When I can get measured up for some new specs, in about six weeks time, I should be able to get back to some bird watching, although with the darker evenings, the young lady who lives opposite has taken to drawing her curtains earlier.

So, on to the Choice of the Day. I took the precaution of preparing a few in advance, in case my eyesight was not up to it, so you are not safe from it. Today's Choice is a crop, straightening and exposure tweak of a pic previously posted by AustrianNG, 12.12.2015. You can click on the link below to get back to the original post.
https://www.gscalecentral.net/threads/saturday-12th-december-2015.306288/

200830 151212 AustrianNG.jpeg

David

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Afternoon orl

Dry today, but still cool

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
David, I'm really happy for you and the outcome of the op. If you have to wear shades for a while why not take up imitating Ray Charles or The Blues Brothers before you get back to your nocturnal ornithology? :clap:

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Great news David at least you are out of the long and worrying times waiting for the op and results are looking positive. Nit sure what type of device you are using for access, but bright PC or iPad settings may not be the best for you these early days? I know my eyes get tired if I am too long on the PC or iPad. Just a thought and I am sure you would not want to undo any of the good that has been done for you. Though I am sure you would have quizzed the Doc about this.

As for the Bird watching, certainly the recent Op has had no effect on your humor or bad boy habits!

Madman

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Good Day All. Things running a bit slow on the forums today. Tried to log in earlier but Safari wasn't up to the task. Anyway, it is a beautiful day today. Humidity way down and temps down in the low 80s.....:) Got more work done in the garage attic yesterday. The portion that will be a closet now has a floor and SWMBO and I moved all for most of the stuff into it. I will make sliding doors to conceal it all.

Fezwig

Fezwig

Registered
5 Jul 2016
Croft, Warrington
Afternoon all,
Good news David, glad it all went well. Just returned from a needed break in Cearnarfon, a few stormy nights, sounds worse than it was in a caravan! lots of gormless people wandering about in shops, it seems you don't need a face mask when your on holiday :rolleyes: did think of a railway based day out but all where operating on book in advance and as the weather was a bit wet or misty, we gave it a miss.
To sum up......Wind swept and interesting!!

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
SW has been at the WHHR this weekend..
Wales is full! - They reckon 600,000 compared with a norm of about 321,000

and yes, Pete..
Any rise in Covid case will depend on two paramters in a given are:
1. How dense the population is.
and..
2. How dense the population is.
:mask:

Off to do a little shop-pain.. :rolleyes:

InOtherNews:
How much do folks reckon for a Spektrum 2-truck Shay in tidy condition?
(I have cunning plan - maybe?) :wondering::lipssealed:

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Any rise in Covid case will depend on two parameters in a given area:
1. How dense the population is.
and..
2. How dense the population is.
:mask:
To find the density of any object, you need to know the Mass (grams) of the object, and its Volume (measured in mL or cm³). Divide the mass by the volume in order to get an object's Density.
Ain't Google wunnerful?
Anyway, there is much density, or duncity, out there :worried: