Sunday 13 September 2020.

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Ah, so that's an old pre-DCC analogue sound board then? There seem to have been a lot of different types of such boards, for different loco models, never actually seen that particular type in anything. What is the build date of the loco?

Jon.

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
I don't know the date.. But probably from when electrons were horse-drawn? :nerd::giggle::nod:

PhilP

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
I don't know the date.. But probably from when electrons were horse-drawn? :nerd::giggle::nod:

PhilP

Jon.
Ah, you mean when the Magic Smoke was actually produced from coal firing....? :D

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
G'day, world. Weather grey and wet.
I've been starting to tidy my workbench while doing the laundry.
Onward :confused:

Fezwig

Fezwig

Registered
5 Jul 2016
Croft, Warrington
A few pic of todays running, I wonder what Donald Shaw would make of a 2-10-2 dropping on Douglas shed :mm:

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
Good afternoon folks. I’ve just finished the running session at the CFR. I had five visitors who bought their live stream locomotives with them. At the end of the session ten locomotives had been in steam.
D530461C-8E35-4B40-A683-F2FDF768F0F5.jpeg 87E126FE-1B69-46B4-9E2D-CC92E5035473.jpeg
A former locomotive of mine after the new owner worked his magic on it. It started life as a Roundhouse basic series “Bertie” with tender.
The tender still requires a new paint and lining job.

65 1057

65 1057

Railways @ 1.435 mm/ 1.000 mm/ 750 mm and 45mm
9 May 2018
Berlin
Rungen is a great line but if in that area the real must is Bad Doberan with the superb Street running through Town.

Well - it depends... so better take the train :giggle:

LGB-Sid

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Removed my reversing loop that ran round the tree and joined doubled the track where it used to be, not very pretty yet but it was better to run things and decide where I need crossovers rather than worry about the looks . Did that three weeks ago and I changed it all again this weekend :)

double.jpg

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Evening orl :cool:

Picnic lunch for No2 son's birthday (well it's easiest when there's a 9 month old baba) then 4 hours of wind in yer hair on a warm sunny day to get home.

Journey down yesterday was a nightmare as half of middle England is dug up, 50% of Oxfordshire 'A' roads are restricted to 50 mph (nanny state) and on a couple of occasions where diversions overlapped, you get to a junction where there are two diversion signs pointing in opposite directions o_O

idlemarvel

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Very nice indeed Andreas. That's the trip I wanted to take a few years ago but DB engineering works got in the way.

Pity this is not is a thread of its own. Coffee Lounge stuff gets deleted after while if I'm not mistaken. :-(

ebay mike

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
There's been much in the local press and on TV about how responsible people's behaviour has been this weekend in anticipation of the changes coming tomorrow. Not round here it hasn't. We have had drunkenness, antisocial behaviour, scuffles bordering on fighting, blatant breaching of the distancing guidelines and total disregard for order. Last night the noise from the pub opposite which was hosting something described as 'live music' got so had we had to go out for a few hours. When it makes your house vibrate and you are unable to hear your television, enough is enough. SWMBO actually went and had words with the licencee on our return. Not sure what good that will do, but as neither he nor his staff were making any effort to implement the PPE procedures I ain't holding my breath. T'wood be a pity if the place burnt down.:mask::mask::mask:

Tanker man

Tanker man

G scale and 5 inch ride on
10 Jun 2015
Oxford
Evening orl :cool:

Picnic lunch for No2 son's birthday (well it's easiest when there's a 9 month old baba) then 4 hours of wind in yer hair on a warm sunny day to get home.

Journey down yesterday was a nightmare as half of middle England is dug up, 50% of Oxfordshire 'A' roads are restricted to 50 mph (nanny state) and on a couple of occasions where diversions overlapped, you get to a junction where there are two diversion signs pointing in opposite directions o_O
I am convinced that us Oxonians will shortly be employing a man with a red flag to walk in front of our cars when we drive out!..............I'm not sure where these bicycle loving councillors live but they sure don't drive around the county!
Dave

mike

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Ah, so that's an old pre-DCC analogue sound board then? There seem to have been a lot of different types of such boards, for different loco models, never actually seen that particular type in anything. What is the build date of the loco?

Jon.
1998,i belive, I can check the *book*tommow

voodoopenguin

voodoopenguin

Retired
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
Not sure what good that will do, but as neither he nor his staff were making any effort to implement the PPE procedures I ain't holding my breath. T'wood be a pity if the place burnt down.:mask::mask::mask:
Been a few years now, it's not run by Kev and Julie still is it?

Paul

David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
drunkenness, antisocial behaviour, scuffles bordering on fighting, blatant breaching of the distancing guidelines and total disregard for order
I know. but what can you do, I married her for better or worse.

David

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
I know. but what can you do, I married her for better or worse.

David
Careful, David, I'd quite like to see some more of your modelling, and I don't think that would be possible if your better half reads that

ebay mike

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Been a few years now, it's not run by Kev and Julie still is it?

Paul
No Paul, they moved on ages ago. The current incumbent owns at least one other licenced establishment on a nearby holiday park so I wouldn't be surprised if similar practices are being promoted here.

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
If
There's been much in the local press and on TV about how responsible people's behaviour has been this weekend in anticipation of the changes coming tomorrow. Not round here it hasn't. We have had drunkenness, antisocial behaviour, scuffles bordering on fighting, blatant breaching of the distancing guidelines and total disregard for order. Last night the noise from the pub opposite which was hosting something described as 'live music' got so had we had to go out for a few hours. When it makes your house vibrate and you are unable to hear your television, enough is enough. SWMBO actually went and had words with the licencee on our return. Not sure what good that will do, but as neither he nor his staff were making any effort to implement the PPE procedures I ain't holding my breath. T'wood be a pity if the place burnt down.:mask::mask::mask:
If it's as bad as that, surely the Council and Police should be involved. Any breach of licencing regulations normally get the pub shut down pretty quickly, especially these lockdown days