Some recent good Playmobil buys

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
I've been able to get some good Playmobil buys on eBay this year.

First, two, unopened DS sets, one of crates and one of barrels, each £2.41. One of the white barrels had yellowed a bit, but that doesn't matter as I need one for a custom Victorian car as a fuel tank.

Crates 1.JPG
Crates 2.JPG

Barrels 1.JPG

Barrels 2.JPG

Barrels 3.JPG

And then some old style platform pieces for £7.16:

Platforms.JPG

Last edited:
P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Next came a 4122 freight car in excellent conditiom except the main stickers were missing. This was £19 and the seller had two for sale. I bought one and then went back for the other but it had already gone.

4122 freight car.JPG

It would, of course have been better with all the stickers on, but also much more expensive. However, I already had an incomplete one and the two together would give me a complete one plus some good quality spare parts to sell:

4122 freight car part.JPG

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
The last good buy was a Playmobil 4369 outdoor controller for £32. This was advertised as Playmobil, but they were actually LGB ones plain and simple, so if the seller had sold it as LGB it would no doubt have gone for a lot more. A clean with damp cotton wool buds and it was ready to use.

Controller front.JPG

Controller rear.JPG

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
The last good buy was a Playmobil 4369 outdoor controller for £32. This was advertised as Playmobil, but they were actually LGB ones plain and simple, so if the seller had sold it as LGB it would no doubt have gone for a lot more. A clean with damp cotton wool buds and it was ready to use.

View attachment 266038

View attachment 266039
How come I never find bargains like that?

ebay mike

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
How come I never find bargains like that?
You're too busy driving all over Norfolk (and other parts) looking for things to do (aka working).

-bbbb

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Next came a 4122 freight car in excellent conditiom except the main stickers were missing. This was £19 and the seller had two for sale. I bought one and then went back for the other but it had already gone.
What a deal.
Someone on the French playmobil train forum has high res scans of the sticker sheet near the bottom of this page: Les trains playmobil - Page 677 - Forums LR PRESSE click on the image in the forum below, then click on it again to get a larger version. Here's a preview.

The poster might have a higher quality image upon contact. Maybe you can print them to a transparency and use clear glue.

Last edited:
P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Many thanks, I'll follow that up.

Xav204

Xav204

Registered
26 Jul 2017
Marseille FRANCE
I like the way you install them in your layout

Platforms.JPG

It is good idea in order to recall a station, maybe simple but I have been loocking for this one without success until now.

Last edited: