So You Think Playmobil Is Toylike And Not Worthy Of A Place On Your Line?

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
For a short time I did this. It was more trouble than it was worth however. I hadn't thought of making smaller containers. Then the crane could have been set at trackside.

Very interesting, it is still a source of wonderment to me that HO modellers can have perfectly working Container Rail and Road Systems but we fail to get that. To be fair the Garden Conditions are much trickier and there are more into the smaller scales.

Madman

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Lionel came out with a container crane quite a few years ago. Some say it's tricky to operate. I can't say as I never bought one.

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
Lionel came out with a container crane quite a few years ago. Some say it's tricky to operate. I can't say as I never bought one.

Fascinating, I expect it was smaller than G but seams to work quite well. Can understand how Operation may be a bit tricky, after all on a real Crane the driver would be above the Container or in this case Truck Trailer.

Hope there was not anything in the second Trailer that was Fragile cos the drop to the floor would have trashed it completely!

Madman

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Fascinating, I expect it was smaller than G but seams to work quite well. Can understand how Operation may be a bit tricky, after all on a real Crane the driver would be above the Container or in this case Truck Trailer.

Hope there was not anything in the second Trailer that was Fragile cos the drop to the floor would have trashed it completely!

Forgot to mention it was "O" scale.

Bill Barnwell

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
All though I don't have any Playmobil trains I do use there buildings and find them very versatile and make great scenes. If you get a chance check out Eric Muller of triple o on Large scale c or GRW forum, he has 4 small children who actually help on the layout and uses a lot of playmobil stuff including the people, and on the left side of the waterfall is a 3 store hotel I made with playmobil including the people, Great product, Bill
playmobil in the garden 1.jpg
playmobil in the garden 2.jpg
sawmill os 4.JPG
old layout waterfall.jpg
sawmill os 4.JPG
old layout waterfall.jpg
old layout waterfall.jpg
sawmill os 4.JPG

JimmyB

JimmyB

Semi-Retired; more time for trains.
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
Wrong post!! :banghead:

Eaglecliff

Eaglecliff

Registered
19 Jul 2010
Derby, England
Love the sawmill. All three of them!

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
don't know how that happened look ok when I posted it the BAMB
Still very intersring selection of Buildings Bill. Just the thing for this thread. Perhaps a Moderator could sort out some of the duplicated postings please?

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Cracking waterfall as well Bill! :):nod::clap::clap:

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
I just got some spare part from PM UK and they are listing a few old timers as new.
6215 Large Water Tower £21
6214 Windmill £18
also still listed are :-
(note while stocks last)
6341 Railroad Crossing £27.50
6342 Passenger Train Car £30
track at various prices
4391 Bumper Stop £7.75
wheels, couplings, wheel assemblies with coupling and what looks like traction tires.

Obviously not sure how long stock will last on those parts, probably best to order while you can. Post costs to uk 3.50 up to £30 order, free above that value of order.

Bill Barnwell

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Look like very fair prices, if it wasn't for playmobil I wouldn't have had any buildings when I started. Just brought in my 3 story hotel that sits outside year round for upgrades, this time around I'm going to get it lit with solar LED's

Attachments