So You Think Playmobil Is Toylike And Not Worthy Of A Place On Your Line?

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Aha autocorrect don't you just love it when Computers think they know better than you. Have a great trip to the ZB, one of the finest Ng Lines in Austria. Please post lots of pice when you get back!
JonD

idlemarvel

idlemarvel

Registered
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
I'm also going on the Aachenseebahn narrow gauge rack railway. Yes I hope to get lots of pictures. I would like to visit the Pinzgauer Lokalbahn as well but there's only so much excitement a man can take, or boredom in the case of SWMBO.

A

Achim.Z.

Registered
6 Apr 2017
AT
Send me a PM when you are in Tirol, maybe we can meet

Cool, that you like it, maybe I will post our railjet as well (and the ICE in purple for my daughter ...)

@Shunter ZillertalBahn:
No, this is the Kitbash of our railjet and the idea was more a OBB 2067 like http://trainstation.wikia.com/wiki/ÖBB_2067
regards from gSi-Berg
Achim

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
After some recent posts on other threads I decided to get some other bits of Playmobil. I got the loco thanks to an add on here by Funandtrains, many thanks Steve. The Coaches came from PM Direct as did the Crane, nit exactly what I wanted but the price was so good I thought what the heck. A few pics of the Train on the line, enjoy them while you can there will be changes! Though I have to say they do make a very pretty train.
88493_82c0d407062f03474307b812d92e12a1.jpeg

88494_453dac73c47245f95b09e1e69ddd0228.jpeg

88495_04126c084e80573d21578d8945009430.jpeg

88496_6e918021a84b948e7a3658b6c8e05954.jpeg

The Coaches are sans detail whch has been put into the Red Boxes seen on the workbench to the left of the Crane till I get round to doing a major something with them.

The Crane is a little wonder for less than £30. Plus it is electrically operated by batteries and when fully put together will lift the Container. Only problem with the Longer Container is that it will only be able to load through the middle of base Left to Right in the picture, so not the best for loading onto Trains. The Shorter Containers will work much better going from a Truck to one side and rails running parallel IE from the front to the back in this picture..
88497_33af86a58b198b70bc603b36fa8a293d.jpeg

I have planned for it to fit somewhere in Gernrode, but exactly how remains to be seen.
JonD

Last edited:
T

Trainman 864

Registered
24 Sep 2015
Why have you taken all the roof panels off the coaches? .... :think:

Oh wait - maybe to get the people out? .... :)

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
Why have you taken all the roof panels off the coaches? .... :think:

Oh wait - maybe to get the people out? .... :)
No they are all in the boxes came unmade so they will stay that way till the mods are done. Seats and the dark roof and side panels in the two boxes on my workbench pic. Only fitted the couplings on both ends.
JonD

Xav204

Xav204

Registered
26 Jul 2017
Marseille FRANCE
Very nice pictures :clap:, JonD, thank you
I confirm the crane is nice but not the best for loading onto Trains.
It should be wider ( at least the length of a container)
I sent a request to Santa Claus to get one and see if it could be improved

stevedenver

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
I like it!

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
Very nice pictures :clap:, JonD, thank you
I confirm the crane is nice but not the best for loading onto Trains.
It should be wider ( at least the length of a container)
I sent a request to Santa Claus to get one and see if it could be improved
It does work for the Shorter Containers, 3 of which I recently gave to a friend with a PM Wagon. Must swop the larger one in the set for 2 of the shorter ones with him.
JonD

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
I can also let you have a couple if you want them.

Last edited:
dunnyrail

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
I can also lt you have a couple if you want them.
Thanks I am still trying to get my head round the use if Containers for my East German 1981 theme. Though Containerisation was well in vouge around the rest of the world, I have not seen much evidence that the Selktalbahn indulged to any degree. But I am happy to be proved wrong.
JonD

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
I came across them again yesterday, so if you would like them, just PM me your address.

Madman

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
I've always admired the Playmobil panorama express. You've given me incentive to put together a set. I'll start searching Evilbay tonight.

Gizzy

Gizzy

Railways, Aviation, Caravanning....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
The Crane is a little wonder for less than £30. Plus it is electrically operated by batteries and when fully put together will lift the Container. Only problem with the Longer Container is that it will only be able to load through the middle of base Left to Right in the picture, so not the best for loading onto Trains. The Shorter Containers will work much better going from a Truck to one side and rails running parallel IE from the front to the back in this picture..

I have planned for it to fit somewhere in Gernrode, but exactly how remains to be seen.
JonD
I could loan you an LGB container to see if it will work with one of those?

88543_d8f31684e28a8b245c655faea2cce663.jpg

I will call you tomorrow morning....

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
Been a while since this thread had some life. Looking at some of the recent entries I stumbled across this 4- Years Of PM Vid, very interesting to show the many usable items that we should still be able to get our hands on if PM was not dumbed down and pretty much Trainless as it appears to be now. Rot started once the RC Trains started to appear, you will see if you watch the vid. Settle down with a nice cool beer and see what we are all missing.

JimmyB

JimmyB

Learning; but slowly!
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
Having bought a couple of battery operated PM for the grandkids, they are quite nice, and the yellow diesel will pull my track cleaner without any issue or slipping even on the slopes, very use able.

Madman

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
After some recent posts on other threads I decided to get some other bits of Playmobil. I got the loco thanks to an add on here by Funandtrains, many thanks Steve. The Coaches came from PM Direct as did the Crane, nit exactly what I wanted but the price was so good I thought what the heck. A few pics of the Train on the line, enjoy them while you can there will be changes! Though I have to say they do make a very pretty train.
View attachment 228869

View attachment 228870

View attachment 228871

View attachment 228872
The Coaches are sans detail whch has been put into the Red Boxes seen on the workbench to the left of the Crane till I get round to doing a major something with them.

View attachment 228873
JonD

For a short time I did this. It was more trouble than it was worth however. I hadn't thought of making smaller containers. Then the crane could have been set at trackside.