So You Think Playmobil Is Toylike And Not Worthy Of A Place On Your Line?

David Watton

David Watton

Registered
5 Mar 2016
Worcester
Rather than Brasso which is slightly abrasive, just use ordinary car polish.

The markings on Playmobil are not painted on but printed on and can be removed with products such as T-Cut. The surface revealed can then be polished and buffed up to a good shine.

David Watton

David Watton

Registered
5 Mar 2016
Worcester
Thank you for yor comments. The were in quite a soiled condition when I aquired then and only had black T cut so reverted to old faithful. The car polish is the next job. Trip to B&M I think.

Madman

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
OMG another rivet counter.....:rofl:
The occasional missing rivet won't necessarily stop the train running so I'm not bothered about those, but a reversed pantograph might.

David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
The occasional missing rivet won't necessarily stop the train running so I'm not bothered about those, but a reversed pantograph might.
I guess that might be described as a shocking error.....

David

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Bewildered
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Test train on the new tracks Sunday morning (Aug. 6). As you can see, Playmobil features prominently.

85909_48399e31c0453825b543dcf619d8d72d.jpg
85910_8615a94556ed08d31f75a4387fc399e9.jpg

James Day

James Day

Guano Corner Rly - Runs weekly - Guano permitting
6 May 2012
Warwickshire
I guess that might be described as a shocking error.....

David
I like to think of the RCE and being Bi-Mode like new Hitchachi Inter City Express units being introduced on the GWR and East Coast Routes...

My logic for this is they spend a lot of time off the wires.... In fact on the GCR (Guano Corner not Great Central) only the branches had overhead wires. The RCEs sometimes did duty on these, but if they went out on the mainline ..... No wires!

Same for the 4010 Red Bo-Bo and even my LGB Crocodile....

James

A

Achim.Z.

Registered
6 Apr 2017
AT
AS we always have some fights about who may have the cargo loco, i created such solution:

Hmmm, sorry, can not upload a picture..

James Day

James Day

Guano Corner Rly - Runs weekly - Guano permitting
6 May 2012
Warwickshire
AS we always have some fights about who may have the cargo loco, i created such solution:

Hmmm, sorry, can not upload a picture..
Well, go on tell us anyway.

There are various places on the forum where advice is available re loading photos - they must not be too large in data size etc, but even then a number of us get caught out from time to time by unexplained quirks and glotches....

Good luck,

James

A

Achim.Z.

Registered
6 Apr 2017
AT
Ok, will tell you ;-)

two years a go my son wanted to have a push-pull train with a playmobil loco 4010 ans a stearing car with the same cabine (ok, this was my idea)
So we built a railjet https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railjet in a blue liverée.
in the end there were two boogies left and i decided to create a DMU with these parts.

Now we have another little railroad enthusiast (1.5 yrs) and in meantime we got another loco - the yellow playmobil cargo loco.

Since this summer both were fighting about using this loco. So I scratched the DMU and used the motorized boogie to create a new shunter like this (uploading from PC works)
It is not finished, windows are missing and some additional details.
but for a 1.5 yrs old railroader it is perfect ;-)

regards from gSi-Berg
Achim

Attachments

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Ok, will tell you ;-)

two years a go my son wanted to have a push-pull train with a playmobil loco 4010 ans a stearing car with the same cabine (ok, this was my idea)
So we built a railjet https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railjet in a blue liverée.
in the end there were two boogies left and i decided to create a DMU with these parts.

Now we have another little railroad enthusiast (1.5 yrs) and in meantime we got another loco - the yellow playmobil cargo loco.

Since this summer both were fighting about using this loco. So I scratched the DMU and used the motorized boogie to create a new shunter like this (uploading from PC works)
It is not finished, windows are missing and some additional details.
but for a 1.5 yrs old railroader it is perfect ;-)

regards from gSi-Berg
Achim
That's a very neat solution to what could have been a tricky situation.

idlemarvel

idlemarvel

Registered
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
It looks one of those remote control shunters they have on the Zillertalbahn, where the driver walks alongside with a handset. This is from when they used to do goods transfer on rollbacks, not sure they still do it. Picture on here, scroll to the end:
http://www.internationalsteam.co.uk/trains/austria06.htm

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
It looks one of those remote control shunters they have on the Zillertalbahn, where the driver walks alongside with a handset. This is from when they used to do goods transfer on rollbacks, not sure they still do it. Picture on here, scroll to the end:
http://www.internationalsteam.co.uk/trains/austria06.htm
Rollwagen Dave. Sadly this Traffic was reported to have been discontinued a year or two back due to OBB wish to pull out of Wagon Load and smaller amounts of Traffic. Presumably there was not enough for a daily Block Train to somewhere or other. If this is the same situation I am not sure. Sound familiar for putting more goods in the Road?
JonD

idlemarvel

idlemarvel

Registered
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
It was meant to be rollbock but auto-spell corrected it, however you are right rollwagen is more accurate.

I'm visiting the Zillertalbahn in October so maybe I'll find out if they still run goods.