shuttle

hornbeam

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
Hi all,

I use LGB MTS and have a rack line. I'd like to have it shuttling up and down, I have the LGB software but be dammed if I can write a program. Can I do this with DCC and what would I need?

many thanks

simon.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Simon,

It can be done with the LGB software but you will need the 55060 computer interface, a feedback module, track contacts and loco magnets with a simple schedule.

You may be able to do it without but it will depend upon the decoder you have in the loco that you use on the rack.

bigjack

Railways of all shapes and sizes G 00 and big en's
24 Oct 2009
On the sunny North Coast of Essex
Best answers
Country flag
muns said:
Hi Simon,

It can be done with the LGB software but you will need the 55060 computer interface, a feedback module, track contacts and loco magnets with a simple schedule.

You may be able to do it without but it will depend upon the decoder you have in the loco that you use on the rack.

I've been trying to get my feedback module to work a shuttle, but to no avail. I've had lots of help, including a long call from Massoth in the USofA, but still no joy. So it's back in the box and back to where it came from. I'll stick with analogue shuttle

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
If the loco has an LGB decoder, why not use the inbuilt shuttle feature. Just apply DC to the line & when the loco approaches the end reverse the polarity of the DC on the rails. Do this using a point motor with extra switch & a couple of reed contacts. The loco will slow down (CV4 sets braking rate), pauses (CV58 sets time) & then sets off in the opposite direction (CV 3 sets acceleration rate)

hornbeam

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
its a mosotth decoder, and ive found a fedback (LGB) feedback module. looked at the massotth instructions, but cant figger it out at all

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
Best answers
Country flag
hornbeam said:
its a mosotth decoder, and ive found a fedback (LGB) feedback module. looked at the massotth instructions, but cant figger it out at all

Hi Simon,

Which Massoth decoder is it and do you know the version number (CV7)?

hornbeam

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
hi Muns,

its a year old MASSOTH 8150001 eMOTION XL Decoder, how can I read CV7?

thanks.

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Why cv 7 it is a reset or read only where by you can reset settings.

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
Philbahn said:

Thank God for digital it's all going to be so much easier now..................................................................

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
Best answers
Country flag
Philbahn said:

the latest versions of eMotion decoders (i.e. v2.3) have an inbuilt shuttle function that use a reed contact that is triggered by a lineside magnet to tell the decoder to slow and stop, wait a while and reverse.

CV7 when read idicates the firmware version number. When written to it the decoder resets other CVs.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
Best answers
Country flag
hornbeam said:
hi Muns,

its a year old MASSOTH 8150001 eMOTION XL Decoder, how can I read CV7?

thanks.

Reading and setting CVs depends upon your hardware setuo, i.e. central station version, handsets, programing modules etc, I know you said MTS at the top of the thread and that you have the LGB software, does that mean you have the 55045 programming module (or the 55060 computer interface)?

hornbeam

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
Hi,

I have the 55045 module, I do have the 55060 but not the software- long story! sorry I must comr accross as useless.