Show the fleet

Adam1989

Registered
11 Mar 2018
Calne wiltshire
I thought it would be interesting to see people's loco collection I imagine some may be harder to photograph than others due to the size of the collection 20210402_182244.jpg 20210402_182252.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Greg Elmassian

Registered
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
www.elmassian.com
One of the diesel cabinets, love Santa Fe too...

DSC00044.JPG

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Greg, I think you have a derailment problem on level 2. :eek:

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
That car is too long to fit normally, so angled it. That cabinet us usually used for 40-50' cars. (one of 5).

I need to make another cabinet, and that space will get 3 more locos.

Greg

OK. As long as it's not the result of unskilled reverse parking like at the supermarket. :giggle:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
The CFR fleet:-
Unable to post pictures:banghead:
Hm your having problems as well, my other iPad is I think the same and pretty well similar vintage to yours. Did you do an update recently? I did and wonder if it is that that has gone belly up?

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
I think a number of people have had posting problems, off and on, recently? :wasntme:

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Hm your having problems as well, my other iPad is I think the same and pretty well similar vintage to yours. Did you do an update recently? I did and wonder if it is that that has gone belly up?

The pic posting problem appears to be file size. In theory there has always been a size limit although I must confess this has not always been apparent and I have not encountered many problems posting full size pics, so I have tended to ignore it. When I experimented, not having been able to post the other day, by reducing the file size, I am able to post. I'm guessing there has been an unannounced tightening up on picture file size. It just goes to prove guys, size really does matter.

David

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
The pic posting problem appears to be file size. In theory there has always been a size limit although I must confess this has not always been apparent and I have not encountered many problems posting full size pics, so I have tended to ignore it. When I experimented, not having been able to post the other day, by reducing the file size, I am able to post. I'm guessing there has been an unannounced tightening up on picture file size. It just goes to prove guys, size really does matter.

David
Thanks David, that used to be an issue long ago but for a good long time not so. I had thought that the update on my other iPad had screwed things up but the one I am using now has refused a pic this morning and it is not now capable of taking an update so there must have been a software revision somewhere within the forum sphere of operations.

Any chance of a Mod commenting please?

Greg Elmassian

Registered
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
www.elmassian.com
before posting a picture, it would be wise to check the "size"

Unfortunately this is often misunderstood, since there are really TWO "sizes" for a picture...

first, the "physical size" in pixels.... the number of "points of color" in the horizontal and vertical dimension... this affects how "big" it appears on the screen...

next, which is probably the issue here, is the "storage size", i.e. how much memory is consumed storing and presenting the picture... often there is an upper limit to preserve storage on a forum, and it takes longer to display....

further complicating this, is you can "scale" the appearance of a picture, so the "physical size" looks smaller, but the "storage size" remains the same.

get the properties of the picture for BOTH of these values.... since I have seen very "wide" pictures on this forum, I'm pretty darn sure the "storage size" is the issue....

Greg

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
before posting a picture, it would be wise to check the "size"

Unfortunately this is often misunderstood, since there are really TWO "sizes" for a picture...

first, the "physical size" in pixels.... the number of "points of color" in the horizontal and vertical dimension... this affects how "big" it appears on the screen...

next, which is probably the issue here, is the "storage size", i.e. how much memory is consumed storing and presenting the picture... often there is an upper limit to preserve storage on a forum, and it takes longer to display....

further complicating this, is you can "scale" the appearance of a picture, so the "physical size" looks smaller, but the "storage size" remains the same.

get the properties of the picture for BOTH of these values.... since I have seen very "wide" pictures on this forum, I'm pretty darn sure the "storage size" is the issue....

Greg
It was a software issue with the fourm database and servers , which has thanks to our admin , been resolved

Northsider

Registered
3 May 2012

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Casey, if you run out of space, you're more than welcome to chuck some of those down my way