Scared of Electrics?

GAP

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains
Over the years I have seen the statement "I know nothing about electrics" or "I am not sure about electrics".

Well maybe this might be of some help for people who struggle with electrical terms and concepts.

It has an easy to read simple explanation of electricity and the various devices used in electronics aimed at the layman and is a free download.

Even though it is aimed at the indoor modeler there is no reason why, with a little imagination, some concepts could not be used out in the garden.

I have just joined MERG and for 25 UK pounds (under $50 AUD) for the first year and 20 UK pounds (under $40 AUD) per year after that I feel that it may be money worth spent just for the wealth of information that can be tapped into alone.

Reactions: Benco
dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Wow what a resource, I could have done with this over the weekend when I was fitting a pot to an 0 Gauge Hymec. Still my mate in the pub knew what to do and explained how it works so I was OK, but in the absence of “Phone a Friend” or ask for that million quid question this is a great resource.

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Wow what a resource, I could have done with this over the weekend when I was fitting a pot to an 0 Gauge Hymec. Still my mate in the pub knew what to do and explained how it works so I was OK, but in the absence of “Phone a Friend” or ask for that million quid question this is a great resource.
They've been around for quite a while - pretty sure that they advertise in the model press :think::think:

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
They've been around for quite a while - pretty sure that they advertise in the model press :think::think:
Yes I am well aware of MERG, but this free EBook is what I was rambling on about, well worth downloading.

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
GAP

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains
As I mentioned I have joined MERG and they have a series of "Technical Bulletins", that are a treasure trove of information, available to members.