pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
All the sweet, green icing flowing down
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again ...
MacArthur Park, ha! Thought you had me, eh? Didn't even have to Google it and Donna Summer wasn't the only person to cover it (although probably the sexiest :* )

Fezwig

Fezwig

Registered
5 Jul 2016
Croft, Warrington
MacArthur Park, ha! Thought you had me, eh? Didn't even have to Google it and Donna Summer wasn't the only person to cover it (although probably the sexiest :* )
Richard Harris o_O

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Nah, I figure you used it as a chanty to terrify your victims on the Spanish Main :p

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Good evening from darkest Cambridge!

Mizzy and I have been to Ely today, but both the Kings Lynn and Peterboro routes were closed for engineering works, so apart from an engineers train hauled by a 66 and some road-rail plant, there wasn't much going on....
Yeah, we saw Rail Replacement buses on the road to Peterborough both yesterday and today :nod::nod:

So are they doing the Ely junction at last?

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Gizzy

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Yeah, we saw Rail Replacement buses on the road to Peterborough both yesterday and today :nod::nod:

So are they doing the Ely junction at last?
I saw a couple of road rail diggers with flail attachments so I reckon it was line side vegetation clearance.

The plans for Ely North Junction are due out anytime soon from what I read recently....

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
I saw a couple of road rail diggers with flail attachments so I reckon it was line side vegetation clearance.

The plans for Ely North Junction are due out anytime soon from what I read recently....
The plans ?? They've been planning it for years - allegedly :swear::swear::swear:

Gizzy

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
The plans ?? They've been planning it for years - allegedly :swear::swear::swear:
Latest from Notwork Rail here....

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
They've been planning the planning of the planning
They've been procrastinating - and moving the date to the right at very regular intervals :punch::punch:

Once the junction is sorted, allegedly they will be able to re-instate our double track to King's Lynn, which, again allegorically, is what is preventing us from having a 21st century rail service to London.