Saturday 12th September 2020.

• Thread starter casey jones snr
  • Start date
Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
I love it. The green/black is a nice contrast. Thanks for sharing the picture on here.

Thanks to another forum member, I'm off to GRS next week to collect an LGB 2-6-2 in the standard colour of black. Hopefully my last big purchase for a while.............hopefully.............
Excellent, glad my tip paid off! :)

Hope it proves to be what you were looking for.

Jon.

LGB-Sid

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Fence Panels came.... Left at the Gate..... I had to carry them all round myself :D

fence5.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Madman

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Good Day All. Old Sol is back at work today and the weather is absolutely gorgeous. Nice mild chill in the air, A/C off and windows open !

Morning all,
Bright and sunny here this morning so on with a few gardening chores, I shall be on the ladder trimming the large Bush, Miss Artios will be fretting for my safety and have the hospital on speed dial just in case, after all it is only 2 months after the surgery :shake:
SWMBO has fits whenever I'm on a ladder. I've been doing this all my life, is my reply. She says you've never been seventy-two and have gone through some of the health issues you have in the past few years. I say it's because I still climb ladders and do the other things that I was able to come through those years with good health.

Reactions: 1 users
Madman

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
I hope you had help.....:rofl:

casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
The Roundhouse “Jack” has arrived and is having its first run on the CFR:-
828F0CFE-4FA7-430F-B6C1-B52F3C876100.jpeg
No name or number on the locomotive at the moment, but I’m sure that it’s owner will soon sort them out. The locomotive is over fifteen years old and is in pristine condition.

Alpineandy

Alpineandy

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Alpennines
To the shops......deep joy. No trains too windy again...

IMG_20200809_144544971.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
David1226

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Good Day All. Old Sol is back at work today and the weather is absolutely gorgeous. Nice mild chill in the air, A/C off and windows open !

SWMBO has fits whenever I'm on a ladder. I've been doing this all my life, is my reply. She says you've never been seventy-two and have gone through some of the health issues you have in the past few years. I say it's because I still climb ladders and do the other things that I was able to come through those years with good health.
Dan

Just tell her you are taking steps to keep fit.

David

Fezwig

Fezwig

Registered
5 Jul 2016
Croft, Warrington
Is it just me or is everyone getting adverts for bras? It's not good for a man in my condition :tmi:

palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
Excellent, glad my tip paid off! :)

Hope it proves to be what you were looking for.

Jon.
Hi Jon,

Thank you for the "heads-up" about the loco. I appreciate it.

Matt from GRS said that I can test it on their track. I'm off to Uxbridge after that, and then back home to Northamptonshire.

Paul

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Dan

Just tell her you are taking steps to keep fit.

David
WE NEED A GROAN EMOJI.......NOW!!!!
Is it just me or is everyone getting adverts for bras? It's not good for a man in my condition :tmi:
Had those, now getting funeral parlours, must be the excitement of ladies underthings.

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Hi Jon,

Thank you for the "heads-up" about the loco. I appreciate it.

Matt from GRS said that I can test it on their track. I'm off to Uxbridge after that, and then back home to Northamptonshire.

Paul
Happy to help, Paul - has it got sound fitted, I wasn't 100% sure from my quick glance at it....?

Jon.

palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
Happy to help, Paul - has it got sound fitted, I wasn't 100% sure from my quick glance at it....?

Jon.
Matt says that it has sound fitted, even though there is no symbol on the box to indicate this. Matt thinks that the sound has been retro-fitted.

Regards,

Paul

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Matt says that it has sound fitted, even though there is no symbol on the box to indicate this. Matt thinks that the sound has been retro-fitted.

Regards,

Paul
Excellent - I had a great result when I got my own 2-6-2 Ballerina many years back, some chap had put it up on eBay in the wrong category (it was in the the OO gauge section rather than the G scale) and I don't think many people had even looked at it - so I won it for a very good price, and then when it arrived and I put it on the track to test it, I found it had a sound unit (just one of the LGB "black box" ones, but plenty good enough) that hadn't even been mentioned in the listing! :D

Jon.

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Thanks to another forum member, I'm off to GRS next week to collect an LGB 2-6-2 in the standard colour of black. Hopefully my last big purchase for a while.............hopefully.............
Hopefully? ... Surely you mean unfortunately!
(Or do you fear the consequences of any further purchase?)
My recent purchases have been a lot more modest.. :(
Ah yes, consequences :oops:. Even for modest purchases :eek:. I resemble those remarks :nerd:.

Anyway, good afternoon from the EDT zone. Sunny, cool. I had intentions of doing mighty works. The intentions have sunk without trace. Somehow, I do not feel guilty.
Onward :nerd:

palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden

Hopefully? ... Surely you mean unfortunately!

(Or do you fear the consequences of any further purchase?)
Philip, you have lightened my wallet either directly or indirectly, and made a middle aged man happy, but broke, in the process :D

I'm worried that when I go to GRS on Tuesday, I will be shown more goodies than you can shake a stick at. I don't want to even contemplate the outcome.

Paul

palstig

palstig

Registered
12 Sep 2016
Rushden
Excellent - I had a great result when I got my own 2-6-2 Ballerina many years back, some chap had put it up on eBay in the wrong category (it was in the the OO gauge section rather than the G scale) and I don't think many people had even looked at it - so I won it for a very good price, and then when it arrived and I put it on the track to test it, I found it had a sound unit (just one of the LGB "black box" ones, but plenty good enough) that hadn't even been mentioned in the listing! :D

Jon.
It's nice when you acquire a bargain and then it turns out to be even better than you thought. ebay can throw up a bargain from time to time.

Paul

Gizzy

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Good evening from darkest Cambridge!

Mizzy and I have been to Ely today, but both the Kings Lynn and Peterboro routes were closed for engineering works, so apart from an engineers train hauled by a 66 and some road-rail plant, there wasn't much going on....

pugwash

pugwash

impecunious pirate
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
The Roundhouse “Jack” has arrived and is having its first run on the CFR:-
No name or number on the locomotive at the moment, but I’m sure that it’s owner will soon sort them out. The locomotive is over fifteen years old and is in pristine condition.
About time it was weathered then >:)
By the way, is it green or black? Can't tell from the piccy (just to work out how to weather it, you understand :wait: )

Chris Vernell

Chris Vernell

Certified
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
By the way, is it green or black? Can't tell from the piccy (just to work out how to weather it, you understand :wait: )
All the sweet, green icing flowing down
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again ...

casey jones snr

casey jones snr

Registered
It’s a beautiful black.