Rolling Roads

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Thank you Andreas...

Still seems excellent value for ten sets of rollers. :)
I like the fact they a quite slim as well..

One last question..
Will the rollers sit on a length of LGB track, and still pick-up power?

Thank you again.
PhilP

65 1057

65 1057

Railways @ 1.435 mm/ 1.000 mm/ 750 mm and 45mm
9 May 2018
Berlin
Thank you Andreas...

Still seems excellent value for ten sets of rollers. :)
I like the fact they a quite slim as well..

One last question..
Will the rollers sit on a length of LGB track, and still pick-up power?

Thank you again.
PhilP
I don't think that single rollers will sit safely on a LGB track, PhilP. The black roller body (made of plastic) has no coutouts on its bottom side, and only the roller "arms" / shafts pick the power from the outer Aluminium bars. You can certainly feed every single axle with power, for me this would be too much effort...

112187_f3361c8880a46d57331ee31bdfc0292c.png

Andreas

PhilP

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Thank you..

My search goes on for a low-profile solution to having 'moving motion' whilst sitting on a piece of track, but the loco not moving..

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Thank you..

My search goes on for a low-profile solution to having 'moving motion' whilst sitting on a piece of track, but the loco not moving..
Have you tried some oil? Works very well, helps to clean the wheels but does tend to leave some groves which is why I only do it next to a buffer stop. Oh not a solution if you have any traction tyres on the lokie.

PhilP

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Have you tried some oil? Works very well, helps to clean the wheels but does tend to leave some groves which is why I only do it next to a buffer stop. Oh not a solution if you have any traction tyres on the lokie.
Jon,
This is for a display.. 'Crawling' at speed-step 1, for several hours.. Would be a little like a stuck track-cleaning loco. ;)

I have seen some very low-profile sets of rollers, and those above looked like a solution, but apparently not.

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Hello PhilP,

I think it is designed to rest on a flat surface.
It can easily be twisted since the spacers just keep the distance between the Aluminium bars:
View attachment 246530

Supported at the outer ends, loaded with a heavy LGB V52, it sags down by ca. 10 mm in the middle:
View attachment 246531

Andreas
Probably isn't a good idea to do this!

trammayo

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Jon,
This is for a display.. 'Crawling' at speed-step 1, for several hours.. Would be a little like a stuck track-cleaning loco. ;)

I have seen some very low-profile sets of rollers, and those above looked like a solution, but apparently not.
My own thoughts would be to use a length of track cut up with low-profile rollers set inbetween to give the impression that the loco is running on rails. As a display, the side of the rail (and rollers) could be suitably camoflaged.

palmerston

palmerston

trains
24 Oct 2009
Netherlands, near Aachen ;-)
Ball bearings have a flat/90 degrees top. The top of a rail isn't square. So the Massoth rollerwheels have a 3 degrees chamfer as trains wheels do. So in theory you should have a larger contact surface. There's also a block within the package of two for connecting with the pickups.