Ringbalin Light Railway

GAP

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
I have written a blog about my railways and posted pictures of the progress made.

I called them The Ringbalin Light Railway, G & HO divisions.

I have every intention to keep it up to date as I do things on them

Link to the blog is here if anybody is interested:

Some pictures on here as work continues.

GAP

GAP

14 Jun 2011
Work has progressed on my layout and I have updated my Blog to show the progress I have made.

Some pictures of the latest work to whet the appetite.

Downhill Side View Original.JPG

Original 5% downhill grade

Downhill Side View Extended.JPG

Extended downhill grade to get 4%

Downhill Length Extended.JPG

Looking along back towards High Trestle

Benchwork with Bents roughed in.jpg

Lowered track base to allow a rocky creek bed/gully to be created which will be crossed by a low trestle bridge (a couple of bents roughed in to get an idea)

Meadow at end of Low Trestle.jpg

A "meadow/paddock" area to be built under half of trestle and forming a bank for the gully

Reactions: mike and dunnyrail
GAP

GAP

14 Jun 2011
Thanks to be isolated a large amount of progress has been made on the layout.
Track has been secured to both trestles and some scenery underneath has been completed.

Trestles w-scenery.JPG

Trestles w-scenery _2_.JPG

Trestles w-scenery _3_.JPG

Rocky gully and paddock.JPG

I am still contemplating an edge on the high trestle, I am now leaning toward leaving the front as it is and putting a walkway and safety rail at the back.

Reactions: mike
GAP

GAP

14 Jun 2011
More work has been done as well on the laying of baseboards along the back fence and level change down the side fence.
I am trying to think of a way to disguise the face of the angle from the upper to the lower levels and also under the silver bridge. I am thinking of a rocky cliff face/ cutting face to hide the baseboard supports down the side fence any other suggestions/ideas most welcome.

Baseboard back fence.JPG

Baseboard down hill side fence _2_.JPG

Baseboard down hill side fence.JPG

GAP

GAP

14 Jun 2011
Work has progressed on the construction of Stage 1; track has been laid and it is at a position where it can be now described as complete.

P1050577.JPG

P1050588.JPG

Some testing was carried out and my widest loco passed over the high trestle (my biggest worry) with no problems at all in fact trains passed over both trestles with no issues at all.

P1050584.JPG

P1050587.JPG

Meanwhile while all the testing was being conducted a drama was unfolding between the trestles.

Drama under the trestle.JPG

And Skippy looked on.

Skippy watches on.JPG

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Tut-tut-tut! .. Tut-tut .. Tut, tut. Tut-tut..

"What's that skippy? A wild animal is attacking the sheep, by the big trestle".. :eek:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: stockers
Jasper

Jasper

Hey, I'm only being creative here.
11 Mar 2017
The Netherlands
I am trying to think of a way to disguise the face of the angle from the upper to the lower levels and also under the silver bridge. I am thinking of a rocky cliff face/ cutting face to hide the baseboard supports down the side fence any other suggestions/ideas most welcome.
Another idea would be to have the Low Line run through a city, possibly with on-street running, with a "backdrop" of tall buildings. The buildings could be just "flats" meaning they consist only of fronts. Seeing a train on the High Line "pop up" here and there between the tall buildings, would be entirely prototypical.

Last edited:
GAP

GAP

14 Jun 2011
I have built the opening for the lift up bridge so that will be the next project under taken.
P1050731.JPG

I also did a bit of landscaping around the railway and the firepit area.
I now have the edges of pathways that will follow the track boards so that I can follow a train right round the layout with out walking over garden beds.
I intend to landscape, with mulch and bushes, the whole inside loop area so as to eliminate mowing.

P1050732.JPG

P1050733.JPG

More pictures and a description are on my blog