Replacement of Piko couplings

Alco K28

Alco K28

Registered
3 Jan 2019
Hampshire
I recently purchased a Piko caboose, and though it would be a simple matter to swap the couplings for Bachmann knuckle couplings.
I bought a set but have found they aren’t a straight swap. On the other hand, the Bachmann couplings are a very easy swap to LGB/Peko type on their wagons/coaches.
It looks like the moulded arm from the bogie may require a little surgery/modification.
Please could someone who has converted the above share their knowledge?
Many thanks!

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
I recently purchased a Piko caboose, and though it would be a simple matter to swap the couplings for Bachmann knuckle couplings.
I bought a set but have found they aren’t a straight swap. On the other hand, the Bachmann couplings are a very easy swap to LGB/Peko type on their wagons/coaches.
It looks like the moulded arm from the bogie may require a little surgery/modification.
Please could someone who has converted the above share their knowledge?
Many thanks!
Yes I had to carve some of the front of the Arm off, look at my Piko class 95 Battery Conversion one of the pics in post 11 shows exactly how I cut off a slice.

Piko 2-10-2 Class 95 Ref. 37230 conversion to Battery Power. - G Scale Central

Reactions: Alco K28
ARIA31

ARIA31

Registered
3 Oct 2017
Toulouse - France
Hi, Alco K28

If you proceed to do the modification from Piko to Bachmann couplers, please be so kind to show us some pictures.

Alco K28

Alco K28

Registered
3 Jan 2019
Hampshire
Hi, Alco K28

If you proceed to do the modification from Piko to Bachmann couplers, please be so kind to show us some pictures.
Will do! I’m toying with the possibility of Kadees as well :)