Regner Victoria

hornbeam

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
Hi,

Am thinking about getting one of these as already have a vincent. Has anyone got one? If so any thoughts on them - pulling power etc. Also would it be possible to convert to RC? The only mod I can see that i'll have to do is change the buffer beams as I use centre buffers.

Any pics would also be great,

Many thanks.

steveciambrone

trains, boats, planes
3 Nov 2009
Best answers
The Regner Victoria I bought landed in the USA a few months ago, it runs like clock work. I have not tried to pull much but if you crank up the burner i am sure it will pull well with the low gearing it has.

I have a video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=untR_9KsbSQ

I just bent up a offset link to work with 16mm center buffers but have not tried it yet.

It has room for RC but I do not consider it needs it. set the speed and with the gearing it even takes R1 curves with ease.

spamcan

Anything to do with railways especially narrow gau
24 Oct 2009
Near Crediton, Devon
Best answers
Hi Simon, I am very pleased with my Victoria. As it has already been said she runs very well and at a controllable speed. I am a fan of the Regner starter locos (I also have a Vincent). They do benefit from running in and you will see a noticable improvement in performance. Several people have Regner locos on the forum so if you have any other questions someone should be able to help.

a5ead8aaade347b38ab49665b75acb19.jpg

hornbeam

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
Thanks for all the info and the very good links. Prob wont be 2 months till I buy one, but really like the looks of it. Has anyone got any pics of the inside? Oh and Paul, did u ever get a live steam Stanz?

hornbeam

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
Wow!!!! She really does look very very good indeed!

Ferrysteam

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Co Durham
Best answers
a09ea44529a644889b84091987d75a4e.jpg

Hi Simon,I do believe the general layout of the Victoria is similar to this.

steveciambrone

trains, boats, planes
3 Nov 2009
Best answers
The Victoria is supplied with a refill/Goodall valve and pump bottle, so the run can be extended to about 25-30 minutes until the gas runs out. I like the configuration of the sight glass on the Regner locos which pumps the refill water through the sight glass, It seems this helps to provide an accurate water level reading just after pumping the water in.