Playmobil traction tyre?

voodoopenguin

Retired
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
Country
Norfolk-Island
Country flag
One wheel on my Playmobil loco is grooved as thought here should be a traction tyre. Where would I get them from please?

P1090638.jpg

Paul

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Country flag

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Country flag
If Mike can't find one..

Contact Walter (walt'splaymobil) who should be able to help you..

PhilP

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
Country flag
Found some Paul. I know there is more than one size so will check with my PM diesel tomorrow just to make sure.
Mike.

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
Country flag
Thank you.
No problem Paul. I dug out the diesel (and a steam loco plus the ICE power bogie just in case) and offered the tyre up to the wheels. Obviously it looks a bit small but having interwebnet researched the part number on the bag (7231) it would appear these are the babies. I have to take the dragon to the dentist on Plumstead Road this afternoon so will pop a couple through your letterbox.
Mike.

voodoopenguin

Retired
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
Country
Norfolk-Island
Country flag
No problem Paul. I dug out the diesel (and a steam loco plus the ICE power bogie just in case) and offered the tyre up to the wheels. Obviously it looks a bit small but having interwebnet researched the part number on the bag (7231) it would appear these are the babies. I have to take the dragon to the dentist on Plumstead Road this afternoon so will pop a couple through your letterbox.
Mike.
Excellent stuff, thank you. We will be out on grandparent duty this afternoon. I was about to write that there would be something of use for you in the blue box however I'm damned if I can find it now! It was a small packet of LGB spares that have been in a specific place for at least six months but the other week I tidied my study and who knows where they are now. Check the box just in case and if not it will be next time.

Thanks again.

Paul

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Country flag
Excellent stuff, thank you. We will be out on grandparent duty this afternoon. I was about to write that there would be something of use for you in the blue box however I'm damned if I can find it now! It was a small packet of LGB spares that have been in a specific place for at least six months but the other week I tidied my study and who knows where they are now. Check the box just in case and if not it will be next time.

Thanks again.

Paul
That's the problem with tidying up, as I keep explaining to my wife.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Country flag
Tidying up, and a place for everything..

Unfortunately, it usually ends up with things not in the place you think they are.. :(

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Country flag
I would imagine you can probably also get them from Playmobil Direct Services. But did Playmobil UK remove their spare parts service from their web site? The parts are still available on the Playmobil Germany website, so I would imagine that you could call or e-mail Playmobil UK to order them. Playmobil USA doesn't have the spare parts system on their web site but we can still order parts from them by e-mail or phone.

Here's the part number for the 27 MHz RC variety:
30%2088%209490.gif

And here's the track powered electric train variety which is also listed for the 2.4 GHz RC 5258. These are slightly more expensive, but I don't know of any significant differences:
30%2080%203460.gif

SevenOfDiamonds

Registered
3 Jan 2010
Country flag
Direct Service is back and working in the UK now.
Has "Direct Service" been renamed "Playmobil Plus"? And there are no railway items (that I can see) in that catalogue, only this panel (whatever it means) . . .

1627473161220.png

A search of the site for "railway" isn't successful . . .

1627473306723.png
A search for "train" delivers (other than 1-2-3 items) just the track products.

A search on "tyre" wasn't successful either . . .

1627473425766.png
And, in any case, the spare parts service appears to be (still?) suspended at present . . .

1627472775378.png

Or am I doing something wrong?

Lucky that the OP was successful in getting some from a nearby forumite.

Cheers

David

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Country flag
Other than track, crossings, and bumper stops, they have coupling hooks:
But you can probably still call or e-mail them with the 8 digit part numbers for a few other train parts, especially those re-used in non-train Playmobil sets.

Playmobil.us has the track items as well as axles and the traction tires:

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Country flag
Has "Direct Service" been renamed "Playmobil Plus"? And there are no railway items (that I can see) in that catalogue, only this panel (whatever it means) . . .

View attachment 288309

A search of the site for "railway" isn't successful . . .

View attachment 288310
A search for "train" delivers (other than 1-2-3 items) just the track products.

A search on "tyre" wasn't successful either . . .

View attachment 288311
And, in any case, the spare parts service appears to be (still?) suspended at present . . .

View attachment 288308

Or am I doing something wrong?

Lucky that the OP was successful in getting some from a nearby forumite.

Cheers

David
Apologies, yes, it is now called Playmobil+, goodness knows why.

The website notice is out of date as regards ordering spares. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, under Service click on Building Instructions and you end up here:

with rather inadequate guidance; it's 8 digit numbers for parts and 4 digit ones for building instructions. Part numbers should go in as a single string (no spaces) and if it is an old part number with 7 digits you add a 0 (nought) at the end. After that, I either email the order if it's short or send a spreadsheet as an attachment with part numbers etc on.

Sadly, the only train parts still available, certainly via the UK site, is various bits of track and the RC buffer stop, and presumably that will disappear once all stock is gone:

Until the end of July (I think) it and other items are reduced.

I have been in touch with Playmobil and the traction tyres are still available from them. They are called perbunane Rings the number was 7231 when they were available as spares in a set of 4. Telephone or email customer services department and they will help you.

Phone 01268 490184 or email service_uk@playmobil.de The spares numbers are 30803460 or 30889490

I hope this will help you.

Reactions: 1 user

Dan

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Eastern MA
Country flag
How close are the Playmobil to the LGB tire for the Stainz??

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Country flag
How close are the Playmobil to the LGB tire for the Stainz??
I have some LGB 2010/1 metal wheels and I'm under the impression that they fit the Stainz(though I may be wrong). The section where the tire fits on the 2010/1 wheels seems to be the same diameter as the playmobil motorblock wheels, so I would assume that the playmobil tires fit the LGB Stainz wheels.

Another place that the playmobil traction tires fit is under the removable lid of one of the domes of the Playmobil 4052 / 4029 / 4031 locomotive; it makes a perfect storage compartment for spares:
IMG_8047.JPG