Playmobil Top Agents Camera

• Thread starter voodoopenguin
  • Start date
voodoopenguin

voodoopenguin

Retired
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
The blurb says that it won't work with an Apple computer but often things can be worked round. Anyone managed it?

Paul

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
I think here's been an earlier thread on this which may or may not answer your question.

voodoopenguin

voodoopenguin

Retired
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
I think here's been an earlier thread on this which may or may not answer your question.
I did a search but couldn't find anything. I'll try again.

Paul

Gizzy

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
GI have a couple of these cameras in my Playmo Diesel loco, but I don't have an Apple pc, so not much help Paul....

idlemarvel

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
I remember someone posting an article saying they had it working under Windows 10 (only officially supports Windows 7!) just after I sold mine because I couldn't get it to work with Windows 10 (grrr) but I don't recall anything about Macs

ebay mike

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Here's the thread, but no instructions for mac, just Windows 10. The solution for this came from Arthur Aardvark, but his posts have been removed. However (and I don't give a monkey's if I'm not supposed to start a sentence that way) if you jump to James day's post no. 46 you can view the information in the post he replied to. The attachments shown no longer work though. Sorry Paul, looks like you may have to create a 'sandpit' on your Apple thingy and run a pseudo Windows 10 platform.

voodoopenguin

voodoopenguin

Retired
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
Here's the thread, but no instructions for mac, just Windows 10. The solution for this came from Arthur Aardvark, but his posts have been removed. However (and I don't give a monkey's if I'm not supposed to start a sentence that way) if you jump to James day's post no. 46 you can view the information in the post he replied to. The attachments shown no longer work though. Sorry Paul, looks like you may have to create a 'sandpit' on your Apple thingy and run a pseudo Windows 10 platform.

Many thanks for that.

It might be in the blurb somewhere but I'm still unsure exactly what it does. I followed the instructions and got the camera sending a picture to the screen so I'm OK using it to drive a train. Does the screen unit record and then the USB connection allows those recordings to be sent to a computer or (and I suspect this) does it purely show the camera output and you have to connect to the computer to record it?

Paul

ebay mike

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
Many thanks for that.

It might be in the blurb somewhere but I'm still unsure exactly what it does. I followed the instructions and got the camera sending a picture to the screen so I'm OK using it to drive a train. Does the screen unit record and then the USB connection allows those recordings to be sent to a computer or (and I suspect this) does it purely show the camera output and you have to connect to the computer to record it?

Paul
Sorry Paul, I don't know. I've only ever used it to view as I'm driving. Haven't had time to play any further.

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Paul, there may be instructions you can download on the Playmobil site if you don't have them,

ebay mike

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
voodoopenguin

voodoopenguin

Retired
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
Paul, there may be instructions you can download on the Playmobil site if you don't have them,
I bought an unopened one so the instruction booklet was with it however even though it's 34 pages long it is mainly the same small amount of information repeated in a wide number of languages. It can be used as it is as an aid to driving without computer connection. The £16.89 price including shipping is well worth it and if later on, when I have the time to experiment, I can connect to my computer that will be a bonus.

Paul