Playmobil Rc To Lgb Adaptor Rail

James Day

Guano Corner Rly - Runs weekly - Guano permitting
6 May 2012
Warwickshire
Guys,

Does anyone have any of these short lived little rails. They are small and grey and look very similar to the RC plastic track Short Rail - EXCEPT they allow you to join the plastic RC track to LGB brass track.

They were sold in pack 7562 which had four and they carry the part number 30 20 127 underneath. They seem to be quite rare, although I imagine there are a good number knocking around unused somewhere!

https://www.libble.de/playmobil-7562/p/560265/

I have just one which I acquired with a job lot, but need some for a display that I am doing in July. If you can help, I would be very pleased to hear from you.

James

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Country flag
I can lend you some,James, four I think.

I may have asked you this before - when is the display, please?

James Day

6 May 2012
Warwickshire
Thanks Walt,

I have seen pictures of the other one, with the LGB travck clip - Did they actually make it?

I will send you a message.

James

James Day

6 May 2012
Warwickshire
Thanks Walt,

They could not have been available for long. I guess they were found to break too easily?

The other thing that I have never seen are the blue RC chips. They were short lived How hard are they to find?

James

James Day

6 May 2012
Warwickshire
Thanks Walt,

A radio engineer chum bought some and we tried to use them, but could not get them to work! He was using your very helpful page as a reference. I guess that we had something wrong somewhere!

I presume that the 'blue' one that Playmobil sold worked?

I have sent you a Private Message re the adaptors. I have made a pair of my own by cutting the clip of a short PM straight and glueing on a spare LGB Sleeper. They work OK actually quite pleased with the result, but if I could onbtain a couple of real ones that would be better.

I have been on my hands and knees on the front room floor today working out a track plan to optimise the 12' x 8' space allocated. Funny how you always seem to run out of things that you thought you had in bulk! Just ordered a load more Short Straights and two Left Hand Points from PM Direct.

James

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Country flag
Pity, I have spare points and track I want to get rid of!

James Day

6 May 2012
Warwickshire
Pity, I have spare points and track I want to get rid of!

Sorry Playmofire!

I had a line up and down the garden when we first moved in here. I left the track out there for some months too! I have straights, curves and Right Hand ponts a plenty. Just enough buffers though.

I also made up three track level crossing today, by cutting the barriers off on one side of two and both sides of a third. They were all discloured, so I had no guilt about doing so. I simply could not fit a single track crossing in anywhere!

James

I have also obtained the blue chips from other suppliers then Playmobil as I needed a full set of frequencies when I had six trains on the exhibition layout at the same time.

Since we have had this new web page I do not seam able to get any messages.

Try contacting me on the email address on my web site.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Country flag
Sorry Playmofire!

I had a line up and down the garden when we first moved in here. I left the track out there for some months too! I have straights, curves and Right Hand ponts a plenty. Just enough buffers though.

I also made up three track level crossing today, by cutting the barriers off on one side of two and both sides of a third. They were all discloured, so I had no guilt about doing so. I simply could not fit a single track crossing in anywhere!

James

The pity was really for you as the points and extenders from me would have been cheaper!

Gordon

James Day

6 May 2012
Warwickshire
Gordon,

Thank you. I am pleased to say that PM direct prices are very reasonable as has been said elsewhere. It never occured to me that anyone would want to sell the rails seperately, as they are so useful. This seems to be true of most systems!

Walt,

Thanks for your help too.

James