Playmobil - Now On Anyrail

James Day

Guano Corner Rly - Runs weekly - Guano permitting
6 May 2012
Warwickshire
Dear All,

The other week I was trying to create a diagram for a PM RC layout that would use PM track.

I use Anyrail track planner and they did not do PM geometry. After struggling to use the Anyrail LGB geometry instead, which created size issues, I wrote to Anyrail and asked if they could add it.

That was on 26th January. I have just had a message from them to say that it has been added and I have just downloaded it.

It is part of Anyrail version 5.25.0, so if you have a current licence for Anyrail you can download it.

I have yet to use it, but thought others would like to be aware. I am also deeply impressed by the customer service of Anyrail!

I will now have to re-do my plan using the right rails!!

James

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Country flag
FYI SCARM already does playmo tracks

James Day

6 May 2012
Warwickshire
Dave,

As you say it does. I recall reading that.

I didn't have Scarm and didn't particularly want to have a second different package, so I was rather pleased that Anyrail added it. I know at least one other person uses Anyrail and is interested in PM, but hopefully others here will benefit too.

Not sure what the full selection of makes available of Scarm is, but Anyrail has a comprehensive selection going back to the early 1960s that has suited me well.

James

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Country flag
I use AnyRail and am also interested in Playmobil as people know, so I welcome its addition. I had looked at SCARM but couldn't get on with it compared with AnyRail, nor did I realise that it had Playmobil.

I, too, can vouch for AnyRail's customer support. I needed help and asked for it late at night and was very pleased to receive an almost instant answer from Dave.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Country flag
Another one that does not appear to work on a Mac. I wonder is there one out in the World somewhere that does not require a Windows Emulator to enable it to be run on a Mac?
JonD

James Day

6 May 2012
Warwickshire
Guys,

Just tried it out and successfully made a plan.

Anyrail have already issued a revised version of the recent update, as they told me some customers had reported instability issues after downloading it. I contacted them about this very thing late last night and got a reply within an hour! The revised update seems to have solved the issues. They are very good at customer service!

Here is the plan I have created for an event in July. The lower loop is in LGB metal, the rest is in PM plastic RC track. The space required is 8' x 12'

The various on and off notations are for the reeds to make the signals work. The numbers in (brackets) show the number of short rails, which are otherwise hard to count.

I will be using two LGB semaphores where the signal is not facing the main operating position and three modified PM colour light signals mounted on LGB EPL drives.

just off to count my short rails, as although I bought more, the plan tells me I need more than I thought (120)!!!

PM in PM & LGB rails.jpg

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Country flag
I'll need to give that plan a lot of attention before July!

James Day

6 May 2012
Warwickshire
Hello Gordon,

It certainly looks better and takes us less room when done in the right type of track!

Just counted and I have 140 Shorts rails, plus the three converters, although we only need two of those on the plan. I have marked those two with (C).

The key thing is working out where your buildinglip s etc can go. I need to double check that a standard width PM platform will fit in the void between the loop roads, or I will need yet more short rails, but this time LGB!

(Just checked - A pair of the modern plaforms, placed back to back, sit comfortably between the rails and the lip at the base of the platforms keeps the rails on both sides at a good clearance too!)

James

Last edited: