Playmobil Interlude

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
And the great thing about plastic track is that you can't have any shorts.

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Thanks for that..
Problem of secondhand.. No paperwork! :giggle::giggle:

As to needing track... What am I saying!! :rolleyes:

JimmyB

JimmyB

Semi-Retired; more time for trains.
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
Phil any spare brass track :rofl::rofl::rofl:

PhilP

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
As I keep telling SW...

"I haven't got much track.. All I have got was secondhand, old-stuff, so didn't cost me much." :mask::lipssealed::lipssealed:

PhilP

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Clever idea!
I can make a fortune, selling 'G scale leaves'. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have been known to open the shed (on a not very nice day) and found both the cats in there.. They can get in through the roof! :(

<Sorry Xav, I seem to have hijacked your thread>

Is the crane a 'proper' Playmobil item, or did you have to make it rail-mounted yourself?

Xav204

Xav204

Registered
26 Jul 2017
Marseille FRANCE
Not a problem Phil :rofl:
I hope you will use all these tracks very soon... They need you

Unfortunately Playmobil didn't make a crane so I tried to make mine
in taking Crane Truck and yellow frame

May I remind the story below ( Post 58 ) ?

Then I wanted to extend I in adding some items from combine harvester...

PhilP

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Thank you Xav..

Lot's of good ideas! :):nod::nod:

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
I haven't had any shorts for almost 60 years.

Paul
Boom! Boom!

I did think of putting "short circuits", but I knew someone would be unable to resist the bait!

voodoopenguin

voodoopenguin

Retired
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
I did think of putting "short circuits", but I knew someone would be unable to resist the bait!
It certainly seemed like a feed line to me so couldn't help it.

Paul

Xav204

Xav204

Registered
26 Jul 2017
Marseille FRANCE
Hello Guys,

I'm happy, the other day , I saw a little train climbing the mountain...

I think it was carrying soft drinks, mails, frozen food and miscellaneous items...

:)

PhilP

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Thank you for brightening up a dull, wet day! :):clap::clap:

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Yes, it certainly brightned the day up here, too. Thank you.

-bbbb

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Warning:
Perhaps I should warn you about something I've recently experienced related to the same kind of playmobil figure seen in the quoted picture with those molded shoes. My Steaming Mary trains have had playmobil figures sitting in the drivers seats constantly for most of the time I've had them, but one of the figures did not have the plain skinny feet of the old style figures that the train came with. I had this newer style figure (identical to the one standing on the tender in the picture quoted above) sitting in the drivers seat. it's new style molded shoes make the figure ever so slightly taller in the legs. That created slightly more pressure applied to the back of the drivers chair through the taller legs from the feet nested tightly on the foothold. After sitting in that chair long enough, the slight tension slowly caused the back of the chair to start to break. The back of the chair tore away from the bottom of the chair along the edge. It was completely severed on one side with the sever reaching about 80% towards the other side by the time I noticed it. I super glued the back of the chair back on, but it would never be the same, so I had to get a replacement. The moral of the story is: Don't store your Steaming Mary's with figures in the driver seats (if doing so applies any amount of pressure to the back of the chair, as it causes tension potentially leading to damage), and only use the old style figures in it for which it was designed. It was apparently not designed for those slightly taller figures with molded shoes. The overalls piece on the chest adds a little bit of length to the seated legs as well, so perhaps those shoes might be ok with a figure that does not have the overalls, but the combination of the two was just too much.

Last edited: