Playmobil Interlude

Xav204

Registered
26 Jul 2017
Marseille FRANCE
Country flag

Once again, many thanks to -bbbb who found this loco and helped me to give it a second life :)

Last edited:

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Country flag

Once again, many thanks to -bbbb who found this loco and helped me to give it a second life :)

Every car in that train has good custom work; the custom western roofs are great. I like the tender and the extra wheels under the locomotive, but the locomotive looks like it needs stickers. It's nice to give new life to old suffering things.

Thanks to gravity I found this caboose on the floor yesterday.
IMG_9132.JPG
It departed from the open shelf and arrived in a piecemeal fashion:
IMG_9135.JPG
Its first life was amended by its original owner after a similar break above the coffee pot:
IMG_7326.JPG
I gave it a 2nd life with reinforcement and new paint:
IMG_7530.JPG IMG_7689.JPG
But now it's 2nd life received amendment:
IMG_9136.JPG
The reinforcement previously added has paid off and protected from re-breakage of the wall during its most recent autumn fall. Some of these wagons are more brittle than others, and I wonder if it's because the original owner stored the plastic in a non-climate controlled environment.

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Country flag
oops. accidental double post.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Country flag
Excellent photos, Xav, and those green coaches etc. look great. I love the amount of detail in the interior scene.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Country flag
Every car in that train has good custom work; the custom western roofs are great. I like the tender and the extra wheels under the locomotive, but the locomotive looks like it needs stickers. It's nice to give new life to old suffering things.

Thanks to gravity I found this caboose on the floor yesterday.
View attachment 305029
It departed from the open shelf and arrived in a piecemeal fashion:
View attachment 305030
Its first life was amended by its original owner after a similar break above the coffee pot:
View attachment 305032
I gave it a 2nd life with reinforcement and new paint:
View attachment 305033 View attachment 305034
But now it's 2nd life received amendment:
View attachment 305031
The reinforcement previously added has paid off and protected from re-breakage of the wall during its most recent autumn fall. Some of these wagons are more brittle than others, and I wonder if it's because the original owner stored the plastic in a non-climate controlled environment.
GRAVITY SUCKS !

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Country flag
I've said it before but I do believe many parents don't or never saw the value in Playmobil.

JimmyB

Semi-Retired; more time for trains.
Country flag