Playmobil Interlude

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Country flag
It looks very much like the LGB Spremberger 2075 loco. I have one of these and it is my favourite loco.

Xav204

Registered
26 Jul 2017
Marseille FRANCE
Country flag
Hello Gordon,
You have expert eye
I found this cabin and boiler of LGB 2075
I like a lot this loco so it was the opportunity for me to make it run on RC plastic tracks....
Thank you again

Last edited:

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Country flag
Playmobil has been unappreciated. I commend you on your choice of it.

voodoopenguin

Retired
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
Country flag
Playmobil has been unappreciated. I commend you on your choice of it.
Some of us here appreciate it very much.

Paul

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Country flag
I can see where you cut the frame. The two lights on the front of the loco are nice.

Would it be wrong for that kind of loco to pull a tender? ... I imagine the coal compartment on the back of the loco could be refilled from a tender with a shovel, but I don't know if that has happened in reality.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Country flag
I can see where you cut the frame. The two lights on the front of the loco are nice.

Would it be wrong for that kind of loco to pull a tender? ... I imagine the coal compartment on the back of the loco could be refilled from a tender with a shovel, but I don't know if that has happened in reality.
Not unknown for Tank Engines to pull a Tender, Nikki and FrankS being well known examples modeled by LGB. Many locomotives that used to work in Sugar Cane locations also had Tenders in spite of the apparent need not to, they were used for Baggase a by product of Cane used for fuel. As it was nit very effective lots had to be carried hence the Tender. Confusingly the Germans call Tank Engines Tenderloks!

Last edited:

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Country flag
Not unknown form Tank Engines to pull a Tender, Nikki and FrankS being well known examples modeled by LGB. Many locomotives that used to work in Sugar Cane locations also had Tenders in spite of the apparent need not to, they were used for Baggase a by product of Cane used for fuel. As it was nit very effective lots had to be carried hence the Tender. Confusingly the Germans call Tank Engines Tenderloks!
The only pictures I could find of Nikki and FrankS did not have a coal compartment on the back of the loco.

This looks like it might be an example though:
iu

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Country flag
The only pictures I could find of Nikki and FrankS did not have a coal compartment on the back of the loco.

This looks like it might be an example though:
iu
Ah but they so have water tanks. I think coal may be just dumped on the top of the water tanks by the cab if needed a common thing. The Lynton and Barnstaple Locomotives did that then a sort of bin was made on the top. Also many smaller locomotives have a small bin inside the cab, perhaps that may be the case with Nikki and Frank.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Country flag
In a book recently I came across a reference to tank engines with tenders but they only carried extra water.

Slightly veering off subject, here's a link to a conversion of an LGB Spremberger to a tender loco.

I like the Spremberger a great deal, a nice chunky loco which looks the part. Mine is an early LGB 14/16v max one aand I'm on the lookout for another.

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Country flag
I don't quite understand the plausibility of the "Ranger" emblems on the box car and gondola. I was assuming that the emblem on the caboose represented the presence of a Ranger in the caboose for law enforcement and security. Sort of like a mobile sheriff's office for a Ranger assigned to protect the Colorado Railroad. Now I think there must be Colorado Rangers, or Texas Rangers like Chuck Norris hiding somewhere in the box car and gondola. The emblem looks nice though. I wonder if it would be plausible for them to represent a special security jurisdiction (i.e. 'Under the authority/protection of a Ranger') rather than a Ranger's presence. Or am I completely wrong and is it merely the name of the caboose (similar to the loco being named "Steaming Mary")?

Xav204

Registered
26 Jul 2017
Marseille FRANCE
Country flag
:D
I like the logo/emblem printed on the caboose so I wanted to keep it for other stuff, to show it is the same company...
I know Texas Ranger and also Buzz Lightyear...
But my brain did not make the connection
I understand it disturbs you...
But I will keep this logo/emblem because I like it
Please do not be offend
:)

In France we say "wagon à ranger" to describe wagons below...

1616280977705.png

1616281057330.png
1616281232745.png

Attachments

• 1616280937357.png
    1616280937357.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 0