Playmobil Ideas?

Xav204

Xav204

Registered
26 Jul 2017
Marseille FRANCE
Hello Brian,

To tell the truth, I had similar thoughts as you to convert some Playmobil part into van...
And a PlaymoFriend did remind me that US vans had vertical timber
Of Course, at the end , we have to keep in mind it should stay a pleasure and we do like we want in our layout....
You are the Chairman ..... :cool:

I like this movie I didn't know.
I like the stage coach cars too...
In fact it seems also that you may consider to build the locomotive too ;)
Very very interesting :giggle:

-bbbb

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Here's a closer look at my non-invasive RC conversion using a playmobil RC car module to operate the original motor block:
I was able to raise the pickups by removing the springs, but I can return them if I want it to run on electric track. The only permanent modifications I made were drilling the hole for the power switch under the water tank lid, drilling a hole for each wire (2) of the front light where the light mounts meet the boiler, and drilling a hole inside the light cavity for the LED leads to enter the light box. More information is in the description of the video.

Xav204

Xav204

Registered
26 Jul 2017
Marseille FRANCE
Excellent !!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Very nice and very good job !
Many thanks to share this
:clap: :clap: :clap:

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
An exceptionally good idea and you've kept the possibility of track power too.

-bbbb

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
An exceptionally good idea and you've kept the possibility of track power too.
I'm just gald it works as I don't have electric track and I wanted this train to run. One doesn't have to raise the pick-ups as I have. They can be left down so that it will work on both track and battery. It might be best to turn the receiver power switch to off when using track power, but I'm not sure if that's necessary. Imagine using track power, then applying a little RC power when the track has a poor connection(hoping you don't get too much battery and track power at the same time). I would like to see if the 6914 2.4 ghz playmobil rc car modules can bind to the 5258 2.4 ghz train controller, because the 6914 controller doesn't have the cruise control that the 3670 controller does, and 2.4 ghz is obviously better. If the 6914 module does bind to the 5258 controller, and if the 5258 train controller controls the drive motor of the RC car, then I'd guess the 6914 2.4 ghz receiver/ESC would be a better choice here than the 27 mhz 3670 I've used. If someone reading this has the 5258 controller and a 6914 rc car module, please let me know if they bind and control the cars drive motor. I've purchased the 6914 module twice (for less than $10) to test if they bind and both times the seller came up with an excuse not to send it.

Edit: I found a 6914 for about $6 , and it turns out that it does not bind with the 5258 train or 5258 controller.

Last edited:
PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Not a good idea to try track AND battery power together...

Just suppose the loco was put into reverse by either method of power, whilst the other was running in forward?

stockers

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.

Just suppose the loco was put into reverse by either method of power, whilst the other was running in forward?
No different than a good open day on DCC!:giggle:

P

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston

At very expensive event?

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
No different than a good open day on DCC!:giggle:
Or even a Model Railway Show in other Gauges where many of the the Operators are clearly inept at using DCC. Though to be fair some do have it nailed.