playmobil 4100 passenger car sticker choices

-bbbb

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Because I'm not familiar enough with real German trains to know what's normal for them, I have some questions regarding sticker placement on coaches like this:

1.) Is it normal for passenger cars to have a 1 on one end and a 2 on the other, or is this playmobil's way of showing the available sticker choices? What do those numbers mean? Would it be more standard to have only 1's on all ends/sides of one coach, and only 2's on another?

2.) Is it normal for smoking and non-smoking signs to both appear on the same coach?

3.) Regarding the DB on the side, is it normal to have DB on both sides or on only one side with the yellow 'B' on the other side?
The reason I ask about the DB is because the sticker sheet for 2 coaches appears to have only 2 DB stickers and 2 yellow 'B' stickers:

my_photo-159.jpg

I'm trying to determine if the DB and yellow 'B' are supposed to appear on one side of both coaches respectively, or if the DB should appear on both sides of one coach and the yellow 'B' on both sides of the other coach. I realize people can do what they like, but I'm asking what would be most reasonable for this kind of passenger car.

4.) I know that the DB stands for Deutsche Bahn, but what does the yellow 'B' stand for?

Thanks

Last edited:
dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
As shown on the box is pretty well spot on for both sides. No smoking would be on all 4 sides if the coach did not have separate compartment for smoking and non smoking. Yes DB would be on both sides and the 1 is 1 st class that end so both 1’s need to be the same end. 2’s both the other end for 2nd class.

-bbbb

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Thanks, and what is the yellow B?

dutchelm

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Belgium

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
The stickers included ones for other European railways as well as DB.

dutchelm

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
I think the B is the logo of Belgian railways.

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
I think the B is the logo of Belgian railways.
Aha that makes more sence now, should have thought if that so you can use either DB or the B but not both unless you want your car to have different Railways either side.

-bbbb

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Ok that makes sense. But is it strange to have a DB car coupled with a Belgian car?
my_photo-258.jpg

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

25 Oct 2009
Ok that makes sense. But is it strange to have a DB car coupled with a Belgian car?
View attachment 259619
Well perhaps on a NG Line but certainly not standard gauge where trains of mixed stock would happily be seen tigether. However as Germany birders to Belgium what about a cross birder line with dual country ownership? Not at all an unknown thing.