Playmobil 2 rail chassis

Lightrail

Registered
11 Oct 2016
liss, hampshire
A Playmobil question: I have obtained a couple of old 4 wheeled Playmobil chassis' 2 rail 18v ( I think). Does anyone know if they're still available new and if spares are available? Thanks in advance.

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country flag
No they're not available new (not for over a decade?), your best hope for spares is probably ebay - depends which parts you need? I don't recall seeing anything much on Playmobil's spare parts site except possibly traction tyres - but that was some time ago.

Pretty sure the motors are only 14V. Having said that I have a couple fitted with DCC decoders and I've never seen a problem on 18V, though hardly ever run at full speed.

a98087

Registered
8 Nov 2009
Wiltshire
Country flag
I feel your after pick up shoes, I believe that lgb or massoth fit

The replacement battery power blocks are 6v but slightly larger than the track powered ones

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Country flag
What are you looking for exactly. You write of a "chassis", but do you mean a motor block as well.

The motors are 14v.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Country flag
One finished today on EvilBay..
Unfortunately, I was playing in the mud with the Grandkids...
Tankmania! :):devil::devil::devil:

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Country flag
Walt's excellent web site tells you all you need to know about Playmobil motor blocks etc, along with all the part numbers. None of the track powered ones are available as has been said earlier but the numbers help you look out on ebay etc for the equivalent.
http://www.walts-playmobil-collection.me.uk/hints_&_tips.htm

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Country flag
There are usually a good few track-powered Playmobil motors on German eBay and available through the UK site, but not at the moment it seems. The German seller playmoking is someone I've bought from on a number of occasions and I can highly recommend him.

A search on Ebay UK for "playmobil trafo motoren" covering the European Union will bring any track-powered motors up, but there are none at present. Alternatively, you could go on eBay.de and make the same search and may find a seller who will ship to the UK.

Sparesman

Accidental Trader
9 Jan 2015
A Playmobil question: I have obtained a couple of old 4 wheeled Playmobil chassis' 2 rail 18v ( I think). Does anyone know if they're still available new and if spares are available? Thanks in advance.
Is this just a general enquiry, or are you looking for particular parts?

Mallarddriver

Registered
9 Apr 2012
Skipton,UK
Hello lightrail,
I would go for a complete loco, easier to find and not
more expensive than the chassis.
At the moment the prices are very high here on ebay,
so just wait a while.
Never paid more than 20 euros !

Kind regards
Soeren

Last edited:

James Day

Guano Corner Rly - Runs weekly - Guano permitting
6 May 2012
Warwickshire
Hello lightrail,
I would go for a complete loco, easier to find and not
more expensive than the chassis.
At the moment the prices are very high here on ebay,
so just wait a while.
Never paid more than 20 euros !

Kind regards
Soeren

The last track powered Playmobil was produced twenty years ago now!

The modern traction tyres for the RC range will still fit the older metal wheeled series.

However the idea that anything except original Playmobil sliders will fit on a Playmobil chassis is sadly a myth. The designs of the PM sliders is different to anything else, including old and new style LGB sliders.

I also watch e-bay in the hope of getting a cheap 'runner' to cannablise. Fifteen years ago these were common, but not any more it seems. I was watching a semi derelict maintenance loco a week or so ago, but even this went for over £20 without me bidding on it and making it even more expensive!

There was a guy on e-bay for a time who had new packaged motor blocks, as well as packets of replacement sliders and wipers. He was in Mexico, which I think stopped some people dealing with him, but I had a a couple of orders from him. The customs charge went wrong once, but that was eventually sorted out. I only wish I had bought more when I had the chance....

James