Picture resizer

Netty

Netty

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Leyland, Lancashire
Good evening all, the computer that I'm now using would appear to not have a picture resizer. Can someone post me a link please. The one I used to have I just right clicked on the piccy then chose the size. Can anyone help please? Ta!

bobg

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
The one I use now is called PIXresizer, and is a free download, but watch out for the rest of the rubbish that they try to force on you at the same time. It took me an age to get rid because I wasn't savvy.

tramcar trev

tramcar trev

all manner of mechanical apparatus...
fotoresizer - google and down load

WillemD

WillemD

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Belgium
Can this thread be a sticky topic somewhere? This question seems to be asked every two weeks.

chris m01

chris m01

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Birmingham, UK
I use paint.net. Its free and does lots of useful things like crop and rotate as well as resize.

pghewett

pghewett

Registered
7 Jan 2010
It would also be helpful if someone (kind moderator?) could remind me, at least, what the limit size is for attaching pictures to posts.

GH

bobg

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
It tells you at the bottom, each time you try to upload one.

250kb

C

Cyclone

Registered
10 May 2011
Staffordshire UK
It would also be helpful if someone (kind moderator?) could remind me, at least, what the limit size is for attaching pictures to posts.

GH
It would be more helpful if picture resizing software had a setting for file size, Ive yet to find one that you can set to 250Kb and resize, usually have to guess at a percentage reduction and then click properties. (Am I missing something BTW)

whatlep

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com

GH
It would be more helpful if picture resizing software had a setting for file size, Ive yet to find one that you can set to 250Kb and resize, usually have to guess at a percentage reduction and then click properties. (Am I missing something BTW)
If you change your picture's resolution to 640x480 pixels, it will usually (but not always.... :mad: ) end up under 250Kb. It also looks better on GSC for people with smaller screens.

3Valve

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
www.shlr.org.uk
trammayo

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
The previous topic on this subject is still "up" in photography tips:clap:

Netty

Netty

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Leyland, Lancashire
Ta!, will have a look.

N

Niels

as long as it;s not boring
9 Dec 2011
Hengstdijk
Go to imageshack.us
upload your foto tack resize select 640 640
press upload copy hotlinl for forums
past it in your message
and voila you get this size of picture,

if you realy like image shack. And you wil ,download the toolbar for uploading multible pics in one go

rgds Niels

tramcar trev

tramcar trev

all manner of mechanical apparatus...
Frankly I prefer Fotosizer. Down load from here; http://www.fotosizer.com/
Its a batch resizer or individual as the user wishes, it's on your own PC and the size you want is adjustable... you can get the commercial version but I just use the freebie and ignore the nag screen that pops up. No junk or malware comes with this either.