Panorama Express baggage car

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
I have three of the Playmobil Panorama Express coaches to be pulled by my 4052 loco. However, I have often felt that the train somehpw looks "unfinished" and that a baggage car is needed. I've thought a long time how to do it when last week I remembered that I had some red plastic stick on sheet used sometimes by aeromodellers which was close enough to the right shade for a dummy run. So here is the result, but please remember it is only a trial version. Whether to find a closer match in the stick on sheet or spray paint the panels is the question now.

First, a couple of views outside:

Panorama Express baggage car_ side.JPG

Panorama Express baggage car_ above.JPG

And now a view on the track:

Panorama Express baggage car.JPG

And finally, one with the rest of the train:

Panorama Express baggage car 2.JPG

idlemarvel

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Love it. Looks the part and good colour match.

Xav204

Xav204

Registered
26 Jul 2017
Marseille FRANCE
Wonderful !
Coincidently, I'm working on baggage car for the blue or red passenger car.
( I gave up a project about red car 10 years ago and I decided to finish it this time,
working in parallele about blue car too... )
I was afraid about Panorama Express which seems more complicated for me so I didn't start to think about it.
So your work is welcome !
It is great, nicely done.
I like it and BRAVO for the choice of color.
It gives me support to not give up.
Glad to see also the 4052 where you made great job too
Thank you and take care

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Wonderful !
Coincidently, I'm working on baggage car for the blue or red passenger car.
( I gave up a project about red car 10 years ago and I decided to finish it this time,
working in parallele about blue car too... )
I was afraid about Panorama Express which seems more complicated for me so I didn't start to think about it.
So your work is welcome !
It is great, nicely done.
I like it and BRAVO for the choice of color.I
It gives me support to not give up.
Glad to see also the 4052 where you made great job too
Thank you and take care
Thank you for your kind words, they're much appreciated, and I look forward to seeing what you do with the blue and red coaches. I've often thought about converting one of these to a baggage car, maybe using this part to blank off some of the windows:

It comes from the 4082 THW Mega Set and is used to blank off the hose reel opening on the THW version of the 3880 fire engine. I bought a few of the part from DS some years ago but have never got further in my idea.

I very much look forward to your conversion.

I thought long and hard about converting the Panorama car and thought it too complicated, or rather my way of doing it was too complicated, then suddenly, one evening the simple idea I used came to me!

Xav204

Xav204

Registered
26 Jul 2017
Marseille FRANCE
I didn't know this part. Does it fit to the windows ?
Your knowledge of Playmobil parts is impressive
I hope I will have same stroke of genius as you

P

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
I didn't know this part. Does it fit to the windows ?
Your knowledge of Playmobil parts is impressive
I hope I will have same stroke of genius as you
It doesn't fit perfectly, it juts out slightly at the top or bottom depending which way you fit it. Also, it's no longer available from DS I'm afraid. I only camr across it because I bought the 4082 THW set, produce for a German department store some years ago. (The THW is a volunteer German emergency service.)